Overview of Role
viagogo is the world’s largest ticket market place, giving fans access to the best events in sports and live entertainment through a state-of-the-art online ticketing platform. We provide choice, convenience and consumer protection, so that people can buy and sell tickets for live events all over the world with confidence. We are the market leader in our sector and one of the fastest growing e-commerce companies in the world, and present in over 150 countries.
We’re looking to hire ambitious, intelligent, and talented people to help expand our business. This role is the perfect stepping stone from university or grad school into a high growth multinational internet company with a start-up ethos.
You’ll learn what it takes to execute the operations in an e-commerce business by gaining hands-on experience in our shipping and logistics department. We expect you to help identify and solve the critical logistical issues we encounter as the business scales. Your training won’t be in a classroom – we will expect you to learn quickly on the job, absorb a considerable amount of information in a short amount of time, and be a strong team contributor within months.
This position is a unique opportunity to work directly with senior executives, some of the most experienced leaders in the industry. Strong performers can expect to be in a managerial position within 24 months, and leading a department within 3-4 years.
The role is based in New York, USA. Your package will include a competitive basic salary, not to mention a fun team, a great working environment and amazing career prospects.
- Be a key player in our global logistics and shipping department
- Monitor and improve all our shipping lanes globally. You’ll be responsible for finding new shipping carriers to work with and opening new shipping lanes to allow us to expand internationally
- Troubleshoot and find solutions to shipping and logistical issues we encounter as the business scales
- Account manage our relationships with all the shipping carriers we use around the world
- Test new shipping product features and launches
- Manage all shipping invoicing and reports globally
- Proactively identify and implement solutions to improve the efficiency of our internal shipping and logistics processes
Skills and Attributes:
- Organized and reliable with attention to detail
- Thrive when under pressure and multi-tasking
- Hungry to take on responsibility and a willingness to do whatever it takes to get the job done
- Strong bias towards action and problem-solving
- Analytical and technical skills are a plus
- Must be fluent in English, with strong written and oral communication skills
- Recent graduate with a Bachelor’s Degree from an accredited top-tier College
- Must be eligible to work in the US