Our work is driven by helping viagogo become the world's largest ticket marketplace, and to do that in truly global fashion, 24/7 uptime is required: customers are using all of our services at all times of the day all over the world. We develop and support our Website, WebAPIs, native apps for our customers and internal services & tools for our employees and processes. We have full stack developers working in Supply, Fulfillment, Website, Payments, PPC teams.
As a senior full stack developer, depending on the team, you'll be expected to work on problems at every stage – from understanding the business challenges to implementing and maintaining production systems. Some sample projects that you might work on in the next few months include:
- Maintain a live database of tickets that our sellers want to sell. We want to create a database of every ticket that is available for sale, anywhere in the world.
- Develop the existing tooling for all new ticket types and events requested by our sellers
- Develop and create efficient, performant ecosystems of APIs, services and processes to create, maintain and categorize the sets of inventory our sellers want to sell.
- Develop internal tools to create a queue for data admins to complete tasks; use the resulting work as a training set of data to automate the work they do. A fundamental part of the automation is creating the UI through which users can quickly & error free enter what will be our training data.
- Implementing a new website for sellers.
- Developing ReactNative IOS and Android apps
- Adding new payment methods for buyers and sellers
- Changing the decision tree models on fraud detection and payment systems to ML
- Do automation on anything repeating in our processes
viagogo predominantly utilizes Microsoft technologies, such as Windows, .NET, C# and IIS, however we’re not afraid to use the right tool for the job. We use RabbitMQ for some of our internal pub/sub messaging, Redis for local caching and gRPC for high performance out of process calls.
Our public facing website is built using ASP.NET MVC 5.2 and is deployed to multiple Windows Servers that are fronted by an F5 load balancer. We have heavily customized MVC to suit our requirements and handles roughly 250 HTTP requests per second per server when mostly idle.
Our backend is a set of SQL Server databases deployed in a high-availability configuration using availabiltiy groups. These support everything from high-volume transactions and decision support/telemetry analytics.
We're increasingly taking advantage of the Azure cloud to enable hybrid or cloud-only scenarios that support our global growth, and ability to quickly respond to surges in demand.
Success in this role requires a passion for both technology and using it to solve business challenges. We expect that you've already demonstrated your ability to solve hard problems multiple times already and have consistently been drawn to larger projects with increasing amounts of risk/load/complexity (or similar dimensions).
We would like to see team members who are good at Creativity / Problem Solving, Scalability and developing with a good sense of process control.
Creativity / Problem Solving: the ability to find creative, quick and clean solutions to difficult problems.
Scalability: the ability to develop and deploy efficient changes that will remain performant under traffic that can be reasonably expected in the short –medium term; and the ability to identify, diagnose and fix code that has become unperformant due to the scaling of the Viagogo ecosystem.
Process Control: the ability to recognize the inherent business risk in changing software and puts the appropriate level of resource into mitigating the risk.
You'll also likely be a specialist in one or more areas – working alongside individuals who have extreme depth in areas like WebAPI, SQL Server performance, ASP MVC, performant C# code or even in React – we'll expect you to bring an additional dimension to our team that you can leverage not only by building exceptional solutions, but also sharing that knowledge to build a better engineering team.