Love to code? Apply for a Mid-level Full Stack Engineer role
We work in a start-up like manner and we work in small scrum teams of 4-7. Every team member is encouraged to take full ownership of their part of the platform but also to contribute ideas, suggestions and code to other areas of the business. We believe that features have no value until they are in production adding value to our customers so teams deploy fast and often. The tech team is building something that has never been built before so we're always trying to think outside the box. We hold monthly hackathons where team members inside and outside of tech bring their most creative ideas for the product; some of which even make it to production the same night!
Here are some examples of cool things we've built:
- We built a notification platform (comprised of RabbitMQ, C# Services, SQL Enterprise) which handles thousands of concurrent changes every minute. This reduced the latency for sale notifications from hours to seconds. We built a scalable delivery pipeline that delivers notifications in real-time to website users (via SignalR) and iOS and Android users (via Microsoft Azure Notification Hub).
- We built a world class, hypermedia driven, RESTful API with outstanding documentation and several open source SDKs written in .NET, Ruby, Python and PHP
- Interest and ability to learn other programming languages and technologies as needed
- Ability to work independently in small teams
- Working proficiency and communication skills in English