The IT team at viagogo builds and runs the infrastructure that our business runs on. As the Senior Systems Engineer you'll be responsible for the planning and execution of projects that will support business growth, improve security, or open up new capabilities for our teams.
The role will initially focus on establishing excellence in our corporate environment, though the role has scope to encompass management of our production environment (serving www.viagogo.com) too.
What you'll do
- Work with the Security and Engineering teams to maintain and execute a roadmap for upcoming quarters
- Assist in planning and completing migrations of on-premise resources to their SAAS/PAAS/IAAS equivalents
- Establish and rollout best practices for automation of server deployment and management
- Supervise the IT Helpdesk function, sitting in the escalation path for any critical incidents
- Advance viagogo on the route which removes the need for on-premise AD - Intune/MDM, Azure AD, Autopilot...
- Provide transparency into the performance of IT systems and incidents
- Help grow and mentor other members of the IT & Engineering teams
- Act as the thought leader in IT, creating a vision and mapping it to a roadmap that gets us there
The environment you'll work in
- Windows Server 2016 (soon to be 2019)
- Windows 10 1803 workstations
- A mixture of on-premise (physical + Hyper-V) and Azure-hosted
- Defender ATP, Microsoft Security Center
- Cisco networking and VPNs
What you'll need
- 7+ years of relevant technical experience, working in a server/network administration role
- Strong automation skills (PowerShell), and a desire to eliminate manual toil
- Great understanding of Active Directory, experience managing hundreds of users and multiple sites
- Great understanding of Windows features such as DNS, DC, DHCP and Group Policy
- Excellent written and spoken communication skills
- Successfully delivered multiple IT projects, spanning weeks to months
- Able to implement core networking, including ACLs, S2S VPN, and P2S VPN
- Solid understanding of Office 365, including Exchange and Azure AD
- Experience in triaging incidents, spotting patterns, and establishing projects to eliminate ongoing issues
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.