viagogo is on a mission to revolutionize the way people get tickets to live events, making it possible for anyone, anywhere in the world to see their favorite artists, teams or shows live. We’ve helped millions of people from almost every country attend live events, and we’re just getting started. We believe creative individuals with innovative ideas are the engine for our rapid growth, so we’re looking for the world’s smartest business analysts to join our team, where you’ll be given the freedom to make meaningful and measurable improvements impacting millions of people.
Business analysts sit at the core of our business and directly impact the success of the company. The role will be to identify and solve critical issues the business encounters as it scales through analytical horsepower, business judgment, and leadership. You’ll synthesize what the problem is, analyze rich data sets and define the insights and product to scale our platform. You’ll be given autonomy to make and implement business decisions as soon as you’re capable, with senior members of the team on hand to guide and support you. You’ll come to understand the commercial, technical and operational underpinnings of how ideas turn into reality at an ecommerce tech company operating at a global scale. You’ll work in a diverse team of Analysts, Product Managers and Engineers, that also includes ex-bankers and consultants from top-tier firms such as McKinsey, J.P. Morgan and Morgan Stanley.
No two days are the same, but in this role you can expect to:
- Lead the implementations of solutions to complex problems in order to fuel growth, efficiency gains and cost savings
- Provide analytical support in evaluating different strategic opportunities and initiatives across demand, supply, marketing and operations
- Develop forecasting models of supply and demand to support business decisions and resource allocation
- Proactively identify and implement solutions to improve the efficiency of internal processes
- Build the main business metrics and dashboards to track and assess the performance of different areas across the business
You get things done. Given a problem, you won’t rest until you’ve found the answer.
- You have a degree in a quantitative ﬁeld like science, math, economics, engineering or similar or industry experience working as a business analyst
- You have excellent critical-thinking and problem-solving skills
- You are thorough, detail-oriented and organized, with the ability to manage multiple parallel projects
- You have entrepreneurial drive to initiate and drive projects and achieve stretch goals with minimal guidance
You want to learn. Becoming an effective data analyst requires learning the tools of the trade. We’ll teach you how to use tools like Excel, SQL and R to not only analyze data to ﬁnd the insights you’re looking for, but to visualize and present it most effectively for stakeholders to make decisions.
You want to make an impact. You don’t just want to produce pretty tables and graphs; you want to understand what the results mean and how to utilize your ﬁndings to make the best product/business decision possible.
You are a team player. You work not just to advance your own skills or ideas, but also to help the team and the business succeed. This means being open to feedback from others and giving it in return. It also means recognizing that the best ideas might not always be your own.