Mine rich user data sets and find insights that will drive the decisions that power our platform.
viagogo is on a mission to revolutionize the way people get tickets to live events, making it possible for anyone, anywhere in the world to see their favorite artists, teams or shows live. We’ve helped millions of people from almost every country attend live events, and we’re just getting started. We believe creative individuals with innovative ideas are the engine for our rapid growth, so we’re looking for the world’s smartest product analysts to join our team, where you’ll be given the freedom to make meaningful and measurable improvements impacting millions of people.
Product analysts sit at the core of our business, constantly working to identify new product features and improvements that enhance the experience for our users and drive proﬁtable revenue streams for the company. You’ll be part of the analytical brain trust that inﬂuences and informs our product, marketing and engineering leadership teams. You’ll mine rich data sets and ﬁnd insights that will drive the decisions that power our platform. You’ll be given autonomy to make product decisions as soon as you’re capable, with senior members of the product team on hand to guide and support you. Analyzing data is a means to an end; based on your ﬁndings you’ll have the opportunity to deﬁne feature requirements and speciﬁcations and work with talented developers and designers to guide ideas from conception to launch. You’ll come to understand of the technical underpinnings of how ideas turn into reality at a ecommerce tech company operating at a global scale
Types of projects include:
- Designing, running and analyzing feature experiments (A/B tests) on millions of users of our website and apps
- Optimizing the coverage and efﬁciency of ad campaigns through search engines (PPC) and social media platforms
- Identifying opportunities to acquire new inventory and optimize the quality/pricing of inventory in all geographies
You get things done. Given a problem, you won’t rest until you’ve found the answer.
- You have a degree in a quantitative ﬁeld like science, math, economics, engineering or similar or industry experience working as a data analyst
- You have excellent critical-thinking and problem-solving skills
- You are thorough, detail-oriented and organized, with the ability to manage multiple parallel projects
- You have entrepreneurial drive to initiate and drive projects and achieve stretch goals with minimal guidance
You want to learn. Becoming an effective data analyst requires learning the tools of the trade. We’ll teach you how to use tools like Excel, SQL and R to not only analyze data to ﬁnd the insights you’re looking for, but to visualize and present it most effectively for stakeholders to make decisions.
You want to make an impact. You don’t just want to produce pretty tables and graphs; you want to understand what the results mean and how to utilize your ﬁndings to make the best product/business decision possible.
You are a team player. You work not just to advance your own skills or ideas, but also to help the team and the business succeed. This means being open to feedback from others and giving it in return. It also means recognizing that the best ideas might not always be your own.