Via is using technology to transform transportation around the world. From changing a single person’s daily commute to reducing humanity’s collective environmental footprint — we’ve got huge goals.
As a Strategic Partnerships Principal, you’ll lead Via’s business development efforts for our largest European market. You will strategically establish revenue-generating partnerships with a diverse group of prospective clients, from government officials to private-sector business leaders, and demonstrate our value proposition across a range of verticals. You will be responsible for the full business development cycle, from opportunity identification to contracting. Your impact is tangible: more efficient, sustainable and equitable transportation solutions for the communities around you.
Note that this role is also posted as ‘Strategic Business Development Principal”.
What You'll Do
- Develop an expertise on Via’s solutions, from on-demand mobility to Remix’s transit planning, and collaborate cross-functionally across teams to drive product and operational enhancements.
- Strategically navigate your market’s unique buying landscape; you’ll research, roadmap, and use your strong analytical skills to build compelling, data-driven business cases for our platform.
- You’ll lead execution and strategy for full-cycle sales efforts across your territory, working to make transit better for your community and your region’s communities. This is a quota-carrying role.
- Act as a thought partner to prospective clients; you’ll educate, consult, and work strategically to develop regional transit plans and find funding mechanisms within your market.
- Champion our mission and technology, acting as the “face of Via” in your region by leading local marketing campaigns, speaking at conferences, and providing consistent thought leadership in the mobility space.
- Lead category and industry mapping for your region to understand relevant market, product, and pricing trends, and turning key insights into actionable recommendations for growth strategy.
Who You Are:
- Fluency in German and English
- Minimum 6 years of experience in client-facing roles (e.g., strategy consulting, key account management, strategic partnerships, sales); experience selling or interacting with the public sector is a plus
- Expertise in prospecting, cross-selling, and developing relationships with senior level officials and executives
- An excellent written and verbal communicator; whether in customer conversations, product presentations, or written proposals
- Commercial intuition and solid judgment; you’re not deterred by setbacks and enjoy the process of building high-value relationships over time; you know when to push and when to yield in maximizing the value of a potential deal
- Enjoy mentoring junior team members, but don’t mind starting at Via as an individual contributor without direct reports
- Comfortable with traveling up to 25% of your time
What We Offer:
- Joining a global employer with over 600 mobility deployments in 35+ countries
- Becoming part of a company that was awarded for its commitment to social good:
- We are one of 17 Ventures That Embody the U.N.’s 17 Sustainable Development Goals
- Inc. Magazine’s “Best in Business” Awardee in the software category for Companies That Put Purpose Before Profit
- Competitive compensation including bonus and stock options
- 30 vacation days a year
- Urban Sports Club membership
- A lovely office situated in the heart of Berlin, at Rosa Luxemburg Straße
We’re Via, and we build technology that changes the way the world moves. We pioneered the TransitTech category to ensure that the future of transportation is shared, dynamic public mobility — the kind that reduces carbon emissions across congested cities, minimizes reliance on private cars, and provides everyone with accessible, efficient, and affordable ways of getting around.
We created the first end-to-end TransitTech solution for cities and transit agencies, offering world-class software, service design, and operational expertise to fundamentally improve the way the world moves.
We’re committed to building and nurturing a team as diverse as the communities we serve. Bringing transportation equity to the world begins with championing equal opportunity in our own offices. All backgrounds, identities, and voices are welcomed and celebrated here.
Ready to join the ride?
Via is an equal opportunity employer.