At Citymapper by Via, we’re on a mission to help make cities easier to navigate. Our app helps millions of people around the world make the best decision on how they want to travel. Whether it's on foot or by bicycle, above ground or underground, or a combination of modes, our real-time data ensures that users have the most accurate and up-to-date information available.
As a QA Engineer, you will be a part of the end-to-end quality assurance team, working in close collaboration with our product and development teams on new product launches. in this role you will act as the critial link between technical teams and implementation with our partners. You’ll be a powerful part of Via’s testing service, making sure we deliver reliable and delightful products.
What You'll Do:
- Build and run organized processes of manual and automated QA testing
- Develop and execute test plans covering sanity, functional, regression, and performance tests in an end-to-end environment
- Investigate, identify and report bugs discovered in our flows
- Validate and test a wide variety of technologies and platforms
- Create documentation, implement new QA processes and improve existing ones
- Verify that real-world use cases and user expectations are simulated and met during the validation process
Who You Are:
- Minimum 1 year of experience working as a QA engineer with consumer-based products
- You have experience in running manual tests on web and mobile applications
- You have a love of process, methodology, and documentation - specifically in writing test documents like STD, STP, STR
- Ability to work across multiple new projects simultaneously - you’re organized, independent, and eager to learn
- Experience with automation coding and writing automations
- You’re a team player with strong interpersonal, communication, and relationship management skills
- Ability to drill down into the smallest of details while guarding the true essence of the product - you are passionate about the end user experience
- Citymapper user and enthusiast who is excited to have a major impact on our core product offerings
Citymapper is an innovative journey planning and transportation technology company that has transformed the way that millions of users navigate their cities. Powered by real-time transport information and best-in-class technology, our app recommends routes across multiple modes of transport, including metros, buses, trams, bikes, scooters, and taxis so users find the most efficient, affordable, and convenient way to reach their destination.
In March 2023, Citymapper was acquired by Via, the leader in TransitTech. The integration of Citymapper into Via’s software platform creates a unified solution for cities, transit agencies, and riders that encourages public transit usage and reduces the need for private vehicles.
We are dedicated to building a diverse, inclusive and authentic workplace. If you’re excited about this role but your past experience doesn’t align perfectly with every qualification in the job description, we encourage you to apply anyways. You may be just the right candidate for this or other roles. All backgrounds, identities, and voices are welcomed and celebrated at Via.
Ready to join the ride?
We are an equal opportunity employer.