At Citymapper by Via, we’re on a mission to help make cities easier to navigate. Our app helps millions of people around the world make the best decision on how they want to travel. Whether it's on foot or by bicycle, above ground or underground, or a combination of modes, our real-time data ensures that users have the most accurate and up-to-date information available.
We’re looking for a Senior Product Designer who can think strategically AND design for implementation. You’ll be collaborating closely with some of the best product managers and engineers in the industry to deliver elegant solutions needed by humans all over the world.
Smarter mobility leads to better cities, making them less congested, more affordable, and environmentally sustainable. This is an opportunity to be part of a small, mission-driven team reinventing a category, building both consumer products and enterprise technology to improve mobility in cities around the world. We use what we design, every day. We move fast. We like green.
What You'll Do:
- Collect and analyze user needs in multiple ways, e.g. user interviews, Zendesk, social media chatter, data points
- Define how product can support business needs
- Balance user needs and business needs
- Understand technical constraints and opportunities
- Work through the entire lifecycle of the project: at no point does the designer “hand over” to another team. We follow through delivery, QA, and iterate.
- Shape, design, deliver, QA, and iterate on solutions with Product Managers and Engineers
- Test and use the features you build
Who You Are:
- Strong background in Design, UX and Product.
- 5+ years of experience in building products
- A deep understanding of our app and company offering; transportation experience is welcome to speed up the learning curve
- Experience in abstracting complexity behind simple messages and interfaces
- Happy to work in
- You thrive in complex environments and know how to prioritise features and tasks
- You work in tandem with engineers. You understand tech constraints and opportunities. You appreciate that engineers are designers in their own right.
- You talk to users constantly.
- You care.
We are an equal opportunity employer.