Via is using technology to transform transportation around the world. From changing a single person’s daily commute to reducing humanity’s collective environmental footprint — we’ve got huge goals.
As a Research and Insights Principal at Via, you and your team will represent the voice of the rider and advocate for them in marketing, product, and operational decision making. You will lead the Growth Marketing team’s research practice, improving on existing efforts and establishing new programs that help us connect with our users and bring these vital insights to the work the whole company is doing. These qualitative and quantitative insights, using both primary and secondary data, will help drive strategy and decision-making. It’s a crucial role in our work to improve transit access and equity worldwide.
What You'll Do:
- Take our research practice to the next level: you’ll build out product research processes, establish new initiatives to further our understanding of our riders through primary and secondary research, streamline and improve large-scale survey programs.
- Package and communicate insights to stakeholders across marketing, product, and operations teams.
- Work with relevant teams to make sure insights are applied and the results are evaluated.
- Power rider marketing efforts with insights, measurement strategy, test plans, and analyses.
- Manage team members and own the roadmap for the evolution of the practice.
- Create playbooks to scale across geographies and parts of our business.
Who You Are:
- Passionate about customer research and data analysis, and excited by the opportunity to help drive public transit ridership in diverse communities around the world.
- Interested in seeing your insights applied and iterating on the results.
- An excellent communicator (oral, written, through visuals), who is able to adapt their level of detail depending on the audience.
- Independent, organized, and proactive — you’re comfortable taking on a high level of responsibility and able to help others do the same.
- A lifelong learner - we’d love to hear about something you’ve been learning recently (in any area of your life).
- You have a background in qualitative and quantitative research (UX research, product testing, focus groups, surveys, data analysis).
- You have strong data skills. Required skills include intermediate-level SQL querying skills and statistics. Nice-to-haves include Tableau skills, and basic data engineering.
Compensation and Benefits:
- Final salary will be determined by the candidate’s experience, knowledge, and skills. Salary reflected does not include equity or variable pay, where applicable
- Salary Range: $115,000 - $160,000 per year
We’re Via, and we build technology that changes the way the world moves. We pioneered the TransitTech category to ensure that the future of transportation is shared, dynamic public mobility — the kind that reduces carbon emissions across congested cities, minimizes reliance on private cars, and provides everyone with accessible, efficient, and affordable ways of getting around.
We created the first end-to-end TransitTech solution for cities and transit agencies, offering world-class software, service design, and operational expertise to fundamentally improve the way the world moves.
Via was founded with the guiding principle that we go further when we go together. We are dedicated to building a diverse, inclusive and authentic workplace. If you’re excited about this role but your past experience doesn’t align perfectly with every qualification in the job description, we encourage you to apply anyways. You may be just the right candidate for this or other roles. All backgrounds, identities, and voices are welcomed and celebrated at Via.
Ready to join the ride?
Via is an equal opportunity employer.