Via is using technology to transform transportation around the world. From changing a single person’s daily commute to reducing humanity’s collective environmental footprint — we’ve got huge goals.
As a Copywriting Associate at Via, you will play a key role in bringing our voice and brand story to life among the people who make us tick — our riders and Driver Partners. You will have the opportunity to collaborate with teammates across the marketing organization and the company at-large to build compelling campaigns that support our growth efforts. The work you do will have an immediate and positive impact on the stories we tell and the services we operate, illuminating the value we bring to communities worldwide and helping to solidify Via's place as the worldwide leader in TransitTech.
What You'll Do:
- Embody the Via voice and come up with creative new ways to bring it to life.
- Write copy for email and in-app communications as well as marketing collateral for riders and Driver Partners in the markets we are active in across the globe. This primarily includes developing marketing copy ahead of new service launches and creating engagement campaigns to meet the growth needs of these services.
- Learn the ropes of our various Content Management System (CMS) tools and become our in-house expert in building, scheduling, and sending campaigns.
- Support other members of the Marketing team with content needs, including case studies, blog posts, and partner-facing collateral.
- Help us think outside the box — are there communications channels we haven’t thought of? Are there ways we could be saying certain things in a more interesting way?
- Serve as a key member of our social team, creating thoughtful content for LinkedIn, Twitter, and other social channels.
Who You Are:
- You have a minimum of 2 years of writing experience (either longform or short form), either from a previous job, school paper, or the like. Unique writing experiences such as a personal blog, published works, etc. are a plus.
- Able to quickly gain an understanding of Via’s product and audience personas in order to embody the Via voice and run with it. Deliver impactful messaging to the right person at the right time using the right channel.
- Familiar with modern CMS and email marketing platforms, and just as enthusiastic working with the technical tools to deliver your message as you are writing it.
- Comfortable working under tight or ever-evolving deadlines and capable of iterating quickly.
- Eager to receive edits and feedback.
- Easygoing and a natural team player.
- Flexible and adaptable to changing working conditions, whether remotely or on a hybrid in-person schedule at our NYC headquarters.
Compensation and Benefits:
- Final salary will be determined by the candidate’s experience, knowledge, and skills. Salary reflected does not include equity or variable pay, where applicable
- Salary Range: $65,000 - $85,000 per year
We’re Via, and we build technology that changes the way the world moves. We pioneered the TransitTech category to ensure that the future of transportation is shared, dynamic public mobility — the kind that reduces carbon emissions across congested cities, minimizes reliance on private cars, and provides everyone with accessible, efficient, and affordable ways of getting around.
We created the first end-to-end TransitTech solution for cities and transit agencies, offering world-class software, service design, and operational expertise to fundamentally improve the way the world moves.
Via was founded with the guiding principle that we go further when we go together. We are dedicated to building a diverse, inclusive and authentic workplace. If you’re excited about this role but your past experience doesn’t align perfectly with every qualification in the job description, we encourage you to apply anyways. You may be just the right candidate for this or other roles. All backgrounds, identities, and voices are welcomed and celebrated at Via.
Ready to join the ride?