Via is using technology to transform transportation around the world. From changing a single person’s daily commute to reducing humanity’s collective environmental footprint — we’ve got huge goals.
As a Field Operations Manager you will take care of our daily operations in two of our deployments: You will own on-the-ground operations for the Mercedes-Benz in Sindelfingen to ensure high quality transportation for employees on campus. Furthermore you will support daily operations for BASF in Ludwigshafen, near Mannheim, ensuring employees, contractors, and visitors can smoothly navigate around the largest integrated chemical complex in the world. For both services you will drive continuous improvement and have unique opportunities to shape the future of our business in the region.
What You’ll Do:
- Own our day-to-day operations and KPIs for our corporate deployment in Sindelfingen
- Be the operational right hand of the local General Manager
- Work in a central team of Field Operations Managers to standardize and improve operational processes and systems as well as grow our markets
- Collaborate with our central Operations teams regarding driver/fleet supply and with our live-support organization to ensure high-quality customer experience
- Coordinate vehicle related processes like vehicle ramp-up, maintenance, and cleaning, and steer subcontractors accordingly
- Be the personal point of contact for our drivers and partner organization by working 2-3 days/week on-site
- Make public transportation better for you and your region's communities
Who You Are:
- At least C1-level German speaker with advanced English skills
- A valid driver's license
- You have experience being responsible for people and / or for KPIs
- True team player - you can empathize with needs from various stakeholders and embody positive leadership
- You remain calm and solution-oriented under stress and have strong prioritization skills
- Data-driven - you like to use metrics to validate decisions
- Outgoing and communicative - you find the right tone in different contexts, no matter if you are speaking to the management level at our partners, drivers or tech team members
- End-to-end ownership - Being holistically responsible for your service thrills you, even if it means getting into nitty gritty details from time to time
We’re Via, and we build technology that changes the way the world moves. We pioneered the TransitTech category to ensure that the future of transportation is shared, dynamic public mobility — the kind that reduces carbon emissions across congested cities, minimizes reliance on private cars, and provides everyone with accessible, efficient, and affordable ways of getting around.
We created the first end-to-end TransitTech solution for cities and transit agencies, offering world-class software, service design, and operational expertise to fundamentally improve the way the world moves.
Via was founded with the guiding principle that we go further when we go together. We are dedicated to building a diverse, inclusive and authentic workplace. If you’re excited about this role but your past experience doesn’t align perfectly with every qualification in the job description, we encourage you to apply anyways. You may be just the right candidate for this or other roles. All backgrounds, identities, and voices are welcomed and celebrated at Via.
Ready to join the ride?
Via is an equal opportunity employer.