As Global Payroll Director, you will lead our global payroll activities, ensuring timely and accurate global payroll submission, reporting, and compliance. You will be instrumental in the development of an efficient and scalable payroll processing organization. To be successful in this role, you must be a hands-on leader, deadline driven, and detailed oriented. You must have demonstrated experience leading a global payroll team in a fast-paced and collaborative work environment.
What You'll Do:
- Lead and manage the global payroll activities across North America, LATAM, EMEA, and APAC operations.
- Review and supervise the work of the Payroll Managers processing the local payroll related transactions, to ensure timely and accurate payroll submissions. This includes driving the efforts to ensure proper processes are in place for capturing all payroll inputs and ensuring timely and accurate submission to the payroll service providers.
- Review and supervise the periodic payroll analysis prepared by the local payroll managers, such as gross to net payment, paid per headcount by country, period over period flux analysis, etc.
- Partner with People Ops team to ensure completeness and accuracy of employee data for new hires, terminations, and comp & benefit changes.
- Partner with Finance, Tax, and Legal, to adhere to laws and regulations impacting payroll, across our global landscape.
- Optimize the payroll processing to drive reliability of the payroll processing activities.
- Own and manage our external payroll service providers globally.
- Foster and maintain exceptional relationships with all relevant business stakeholders across the organization.
- Work closely with the external payroll service providers and Finance teams on the month end close activities, including GL reconciliations and JE processing.
- Develop and implement payroll policies and procedures to guide employees’ activities and internal controls.
- Ensure accurate and timely filing with government entities and support the payroll related audit efforts (financial and 401k audits).
- Lead all aspects of the monthly financial reporting process as it relates to payroll. Prepare regular reporting packages on employee headcount and other payroll related KPIs for internal and external reporting purposes.
- Resolve issues and answer payroll-related questions in a timely manner
- In performing the above, exercise the highest degree of confidentiality relative to all payroll information and employee privacy initiatives.
Who You Are:
- Bachelor’s Degree in finance, accounting, and/or business-related fields.
- Certified Payroll Professional (CPP) designation preferred.
- 8+ years of hands-on, multi-state, and international payroll experience. Experience with EMEA and APAC payroll is required.
- Proactive and passionate about improving processes and developing innovative solutions.
- Willingness to roll-up your sleeves to get things done. No task is too big or too small mindset.
- Empathetic leader, willing to coach and develop less experienced team members.
- Demonstrated knowledge and ability to interpret and apply taxation, withholding, and reporting requirements at federal, state, and local levels.
- Have a flexible approach with proven skills in problem solving, judgment, critical thinking and attention to detail.
- Great written and oral communication skills with the ability to interact and communicate across different levels of our organization.
What Catches Our Eye:
- Experience with Workday, NetSuite (or equivalent ERP), iiPAY, and advanced Excel skills.
- Experience interacting with state agencies, auditors, and payroll service providers.
- System implementation experience.
- Familiarity with SOX compliance requirements.
Compensation and Benefits:
- Final salary will be determined by the candidate’s experience, knowledge, and skills. Salary reflected does not include equity or variable pay, where applicable
- Salary Range: $160,000 - $180,000 per year
We’re Via, and we build technology that changes the way the world moves. We pioneered the TransitTech category to ensure that the future of transportation is shared, dynamic public mobility — the kind that reduces carbon emissions across congested cities, minimizes reliance on private cars, and provides everyone with accessible, efficient, and affordable ways of getting around.
With the addition of Remix into our portfolio, we created the first end-to-end TransitTech solution for cities and transit agencies, offering world-class software, service design, and operational expertise to fundamentally improve the way the world moves.
Via was founded with the guiding principle that we go further when we go together. We are dedicated to building a diverse, inclusive and authentic workplace. If you’re excited about this role but your past experience doesn’t align perfectly with every qualification in the job description, we encourage you to apply anyways. You may be just the right candidate for this or other roles. All backgrounds, identities, and voices are welcomed and celebrated at Via.
Ready to join the ride?