This role leads our most important and category-leading Product line - Microtransit. While Via is already by far the innovator and leader in the space, this role guides both Via and the industry towards the next generation of Microtransit. This includes combining various modes, thoughtfully integrating into existing public transport and translating that experience across users from our public sector customers to riders and drivers. The role is one of thought leadership combined with a pragmatic eye towards building and shipping products that delight our partners.
What You'll Do:
- Lead product vision and strategy for the next-generation of the Microtransit offering across multi-modal solutions while working closely with existing public transportation networks.
- Gain a clear grasp on customer needs as well as competitor offerings and use that to paint the vision of what the optimal next-generation Microtransit experience will be.
- Execute on existing partner commitments while converging those with delivery of products that are built for durability, scale and in line with Via’s product and company goals.
- Initiate creative new ideas to expand our product and improve our customer experience.
- Ascertain value vs. cost of each requirement and help scope/descope requirements as needed.
- Drive a data-driven, inclusive and effective prioritization and scheduling process.
- Act as a focal point while working closely with all areas of the company as Software Development, QA, Project Management and Business teams - daily interaction at a deeply detailed level.
- Drive execution until done.
- Fully monitor, check and understand the status, strengths and challenges of your products in the various cities worldwide, in order to constantly improve them.
- Be the holistic Product Owner for partner launches closely tied to your product and be accountable across features & interfaces.
Who You Are:
- You are an experienced product manager, with at least 8-10 years of experience in successful startups, operating in global scale.
- You have owned a broad set of products, led a product domain/line across a company, and built category-leading products.
- You are able to digest market research & customer feedback along with a crisp understanding of technical requirements and constraints to paint a vision of what a great product could look like.
- You have demonstrated success in handling an end-to-end product lifecycle with the ability to drive product planning, development, and launch.
- A tech background and tech orientation.
- Excellent analytical abilities and strong business acumen.
- A great multitasker who thrives in a dynamic, fast-paced work environment.
- Pro-active and independent achiever, self-learner, able to handle a task from idea to production.
- Team Player, with great communication/listening skills and a can-do attitude.
- You have a passion for public transit, and accessibility.
- Fluent in English
What Catches Our Eye:
- Experience with mapping based products and/or transit as an industry.
- Experience building SaaS products.
- Experience and know-how in working globally, while knowing when to scale and when to be more localized.
- An MBA, or Master's level engineering degree.
We’re Via, and we build technology that changes the way the world moves. We pioneered the TransitTech category to ensure that the future of transportation is shared, dynamic public mobility — the kind that reduces carbon emissions across congested cities, minimizes reliance on private cars, and provides everyone with accessible, efficient, and affordable ways of getting around.
With the addition of Remix into our portfolio, we created the first end-to-end TransitTech solution for cities and transit agencies, offering world-class software, service design, and operational expertise to fundamentally improve the way the world moves.
We’re committed to building and nurturing a team as diverse as the communities we serve. Bringing transportation equity to the world begins with championing equal opportunity in our own offices. All backgrounds, identities, and voices are welcomed and celebrated here.
Ready to join the ride?