Via is using technology to transform transportation around the world. From changing a single person’s daily commute to reducing humanity’s collective environmental footprint — we’ve got huge goals.
As a NOC Engineer you'll be part of Via's monitoring team. The Network Operations Center (NOC) is responsible for monitoring Via’s services.
As a NOC Engineer, you will be responsible for troubleshooting application level outages, doing root causes analysis and for performing actions to mitigate incidents. You will have the chance to learn and work closely with our R&D teams to gain expertise in several areas of our complex products, then you will act as a mentor and as an escalation point for our NOC engineers in your areas of expertise.
What You'll Do:
- You will be an expert in several applicative areas in our products, so you could act as a mentor and as an escalation level to our NOC Engineers.
- You will work closely with our Support, Implementation, QA and R&D teams to solve complex incidents and provide timely solutions.
- You will maintain NOC’s knowledge base, including Runbooks and guides.
- You will work on automations and process improvements for the benefit of reducing outages downtime.
- You will play an essential role in our cross-company Post-Mortems process to make sure we learn from each incident and implement appropriate steps to prevent a similar issue from happening again.
- You will participate in NOC Engineers shifts from time to time to learn and work on improving our first line response.
- You’ll lead and manage technical aspects of major incidents in which multiple engineering and infrastructure team members are participating to quickly mitigate the outage
Who You Are :
- You should be either
- Holds a degree in Computer Science / Engineering / Information Systems or similar areas.
- Has more than 2 years experience with troubleshooting and providing Tier 2 support in a SaaS environment from a global company.
- Highly service-oriented and emphatic - A Must!
- Ability to work under pressure, in stressful situations, in a Production environment.
- Great sense of urgency, to be able to identify and triage incidents quickly
- Excellent communication skills in English and Hebrew (verbal and writing)
- A fast learner, able to learn and understand complex workflows quickly
- A team player, who is excited about collaborating with others but also independent and able to “fly solo”
- Independent, self-starter and innovative.
- Scripting/Programming knowledge (preferable Python and Bash)
- Experience with investigation querying logs and metrics in tools such as Coralogix,Logz.io, Application Insights or equivalent.
- Familiarity with Cloud concepts, especially with AWS Lambdas and CloudWatch.
- Experience working with any of these tools: Jenkins / GitLab / PagerDuty - Advantage
- Experience working with SQL - Advantage
We’re Via, and we build technology that changes the way the world moves. We pioneered the TransitTech category to ensure that the future of transportation is shared, dynamic public mobility — the kind that reduces carbon emissions across congested cities, minimizes reliance on private cars, and provides everyone with accessible, efficient, and affordable ways of getting around.
We created the first end-to-end TransitTech solution for cities and transit agencies, offering world-class software, service design, and operational expertise to fundamentally improve the way the world moves.
Via was founded with the guiding principle that we go further when we go together. We are dedicated to building a diverse, inclusive and authentic workplace. If you’re excited about this role but your past experience doesn’t align perfectly with every qualification in the job description, we encourage you to apply anyways. You may be just the right candidate for this or other roles. All backgrounds, identities, and voices are welcomed and celebrated at Via.
Ready to join the ride?
Via is an equal opportunity employer.