Via is using technology to transform transportation around the world. From changing a single person’s daily commute to reducing humanity’s collective environmental footprint — we’ve got huge goals.
As a Director of Product Management at Via, you will lead our most important and category-leading Product line - Microtransit. While Via is already by far the innovator and leader in the space, this role guides both Via and the industry towards the next generation of Microtransit. This includes combining various modes, thoughtfully integrating into existing public transport and translating that experience across users from our public sector customers to riders and drivers. The role is one of thought leadership combined with a pragmatic eye towards building and shipping products that delight our partners.
What You'll Do:
- Lead product vision and strategy for the next-generation of the Microtransit offering across multi-modal solutions while working closely with existing public transportation networks.
- Gain a clear grasp on customer needs as well as competitor offerings and use that to paint the vision of what the optimal next-generation Microtransit experience will be.
- Execute on existing partner commitments while converging those with delivery of products that are built for durability, scale and in line with Via’s product and company goals.
- Initiate creative new ideas to expand our product and improve our customer experience.
- Ascertain value vs. cost of each requirement and help scope/descope requirements as needed.
- Drive a data-driven, inclusive and effective prioritization and scheduling process.
- Act as a focal point while working closely with all areas of the company as Software Development, QA, Project Management and Business teams - daily interaction at a deeply detailed level.
- Before, during, and after launch, you will monitor, check and understand the status, strengths and challenges of your products in the various cities worldwide, in order to constantly improve them.
Who You Are:
- You are an experienced product manager, with at least 8-10 years of experience in successful startups, operating on a global scale.
- You have owned a broad set of products, led a product domain/line across a company, and built category-leading products.
- You are able to digest market research & customer feedback along with having a crisp understanding of technical requirements and constraints to paint a vision of what a great product could look like.
- You have demonstrated success in handling an end-to-end product lifecycle with the ability to drive product planning, development, and launch.
- Excellent analytical abilities and a strong business acumen - an MBA is a plus.
- A great multitasker who thrives in a dynamic, fast-paced work environment.
- Pro-active and independent achiever, self-learner, able to handle a task from idea to production.
- Team Player, with great communication/listening skills and a can-do attitude.
- You have a passion for public transit, mapping, SaaS and accessibility - working experience in these areas is a plus.
Compensation and Benefits:
- Final salary will be determined by the candidate’s experience, knowledge, and skills. Salary reflected does not include equity or variable pay, where applicable.
- Salary Range: $180,000 - $220,000 per year
We’re Via, and we build technology that changes the way the world moves. We pioneered the TransitTech category to ensure that the future of transportation is shared, dynamic public mobility — the kind that reduces carbon emissions across congested cities, minimizes reliance on private cars, and provides everyone with accessible, efficient, and affordable ways of getting around.
We created the first end-to-end TransitTech solution for cities and transit agencies, offering world-class software, service design, and operational expertise to fundamentally improve the way the world moves.
Via was founded with the guiding principle that we go further when we go together. We are dedicated to building a diverse, inclusive and authentic workplace. If you’re excited about this role but your past experience doesn’t align perfectly with every qualification in the job description, we encourage you to apply anyways. You may be just the right candidate for this or other roles. All backgrounds, identities, and voices are welcomed and celebrated at Via.
Ready to join the ride?