Via is using technology to transform transportation around the world. From changing a single person’s daily commute to reducing humanity’s collective environmental footprint — we’ve got huge goals.
As our first Senior Site Reliability Engineer at Via, you’ll join our dedicated Support Operations team in the US in their mission to promote the most reliable tech in Transit. This role will include troubleshooting across service and infrastructure outages, doing root cause analysis for those outages, and performing actions to mitigate the incident. This team is crucial to the long-term success of our partners, and the impactful services they operate.
What You'll Do:
- Pursue active support for our partner services in outage scenarios, utilizing both documented process, and live problem-solving to restore service.
- Gain a deep understanding of our technology and backend infrastructure.
- Operate independently and with the broader Support Operations team to solve immediate and impactful challenges.
- Work with cross-functional stakeholders internally and our partners externally to document outages and communicate solutions.
- Assist in building support processes for scale and quality.
Who You Are:
- A fast-learner: you can quickly master concepts, disciplines and methods.
- A self-starter who can operate independently in ambiguous challenges.
- 5+ years of experience in working and troubleshooting production workloads.
- 5+ years of experience in Linux, AWS Cloud, and Networking basics (OSI layers, debugging, and troubleshooting general networking issues).
- Scripting skills with tools such as Python or Bash.
- Experience with any of the following tools and builds is a plus: Kubernetes, Prometheus, Grafana, Newrelic, Datadog, Gitlab, Github actions, Jenkins.
Compensation and Benefits:
- Final salary will be determined by the candidate’s experience, knowledge, and skills. Salary reflected does not include equity or variable pay, where applicable
- Salary Range: $110,000 - $160,000 per year
We’re Via, and we build technology that changes the way the world moves. We pioneered the TransitTech category to ensure that the future of transportation is shared, dynamic public mobility — the kind that reduces carbon emissions across congested cities, minimizes reliance on private cars, and provides everyone with accessible, efficient, and affordable ways of getting around.
We created the first end-to-end TransitTech solution for cities and transit agencies, offering world-class software, service design, and operational expertise to fundamentally improve the way the world moves.
Via was founded with the guiding principle that we go further when we go together. We are dedicated to building a diverse, inclusive and authentic workplace. If you’re excited about this role but your past experience doesn’t align perfectly with every qualification in the job description, we encourage you to apply anyways. You may be just the right candidate for this or other roles. All backgrounds, identities, and voices are welcomed and celebrated at Via.
Ready to join the ride?