About This Role
Via is using technology to transform transportation around the world. From changing a single person’s daily commute to reducing humanity’s collective environmental footprint — we’ve got huge goals.
We are looking for a Senior Back End QA Automation Engineer to manage all aspects of API automation for the rider, driver accounts and mobility operations development groups. You’ll be part of a freshly created cross-functional team in our office in Sofia, Bulgaria.
What You’ll Do
- Develop test cases, scripts and reports of multiple projects of varying size;
- Validate and test a wide variety of technologies and platforms (web, cloud, etc.);
- Verify that real-world use cases and user expectations are simulated and met during the validation process;
- Test the overall system using appropriate testing techniques and instruments;
- Work closely with engineering and product teams to write test acceptance criteria for agile stories;
- Provide inputs on high-level test scenarios, challenges, risks, resources, test estimates, etc., during test planning meetings;
- Identify and reproduce bugs;
- Track and report the life cycle of identified bugs. Follow up with each case;
- Use the latest technologies in test automation to reduce the amount of time it takes to validate that a new feature or build is acceptable for production;
- Assist in post-mortems after critical bugs, identifying root causes and resolution actions;
- Assist engineers with deploying quality code to production;
- Develop test scenarios and documentation. Create and write test plans, test cases and test notes;
- Gather required information/documents from various sources and evaluating the information for testing;
- Analyze testing results and other data to ensure continuous improvement in quality and efficiency;
- Execute automated unit tests, integration tests, and user-acceptance tests, both as black-box and white-box test cases;
- Set up and maintain test environments and test infrastructure;
- Mentor team members on automation and be the guardian of our outstanding customer experience.
Who You Are
- You have a minimum of 3 years of experience as a QA Automation Engineer in a product development company;
- You have a minimum of 2 years of test automation experience using Playwright or similar technology;
- You have a minimum of 1 years of API testing experience;
- You are familiar with CI/CD processes, tools, and configuration.
- You have good understanding of overall QA methodologies and process
- You have ability to create test plan, execute it and report on it
- You are able to learn quickly and to adapt to existing tools and technologies
- You have understanding on SQL or NoSQL database(s)
- You are motivating and guiding your colleagues towards success
- You are humble and proactive team player
- You have good communication skills and logical thinking
- You are fluent in English
We’re Via, and we build technology that changes the way the world moves. We pioneered the TransitTech category to ensure that the future of transportation is shared, dynamic public mobility — the kind that reduces carbon emissions across congested cities, minimizes reliance on private cars, and provides everyone with accessible, efficient, and affordable ways of getting around.
We created the first end-to-end TransitTech solution for cities and transit agencies, offering world-class software, service design, and operational expertise to fundamentally improve the way the world moves.
Via was founded with the guiding principle that we go further when we go together. We are dedicated to building a diverse, inclusive and authentic workplace. If you’re excited about this role but your past experience doesn’t align perfectly with every qualification in the job description, we encourage you to apply anyways. You may be just the right candidate for this or other roles. All backgrounds, identities, and voices are welcomed and celebrated at Via.
Ready to join the ride?
Via is an equal opportunity employer.