Via is using technology to transform transportation around the world. From changing a single person’s daily commute to reducing humanity’s collective environmental footprint — we’ve got huge goals.
As an Expansion Principal, you will launch of new mobility projects in the region. You will step in once a new partnership has been signed and run the whole launch process: from strategic planning with partners, internal collaboration with our software teams, testing onsite, all the way to making the service live!
At Via, 'Expansion' is the department that manages all service launches. This is an individual contributor role with no commercial targets: you will act as a strategic project manager with a focus on implementation.
What You'll Do
- Define, coordinate, and oversee all logistical and technical aspects of launching Via’s mobility solution, working closely with our operations, marketing, and technology development teams
- Manage and develop client relationships : you are the person who gets introduced after a deal has been signed, so you can manage the service launch, translating a business agreement into a fully operational on-demand transit system
- Lead quality assurance and testing efforts for this new project to ensure an exceptional live service from day one, and provide ongoing support as needed to enable and promote project success
- Travel for field tests and to conduct on-site trainings (around 10-20% of your time)
- Manage product expectations and development, working with our engineering team to distill requests and ideas into actionable next steps and technology features
What We Offer:
- The opportunity to be trusted and take ownership from day one
- Joining a global company with over 500 mobility deployments in 35+ countries
- Playing a key role in an experienced data-driven team with a flat hierarchy and a bias for action
- Long-term leadership career opportunities
- Competitive compensation including stock options
- A hybrid work arrangement, with frequent time to connect in person and at on-site visits, and the opportunity to work from home
Who You Are
- 5+ years of working experience
- Independent self-starter: you feel comfortable with a high level of responsibility
- Detail-oriented and thorough; you’re proactive and able to effectively juggle multiple projects
- Comfortable working in fast-paced environments, troubleshooting issues in real-time and overseeing multiple tasks simultaneously
- A strong executor, you get the job done while keeping the big picture firmly in mind
- A savvy and tactful communicator with experience managing complex business relationships; you intuitively find the right tone and feel comfortable working with people from a wide range of backgrounds
- Enjoy travel and are excited by the dynamic and mobile nature of this position
- Fluency in English. Fluency in French, German, Dutch, Italian or Spanish is a bonus.
We’re Via, and we build technology that changes the way the world moves. We pioneered the TransitTech category to ensure that the future of transportation is shared, dynamic public mobility — the kind that reduces carbon emissions across congested cities, minimizes reliance on private cars, and provides everyone with accessible, efficient, and affordable ways of getting around.
With the addition of Remix into our portfolio, we created the first end-to-end TransitTech solution for cities and transit agencies, offering world-class software, service design, and operational expertise to fundamentally improve the way the world moves.
Via was founded with the guiding principle that we go further when we go together. We are dedicated to building a diverse, inclusive, and authentic workplace. If you’re excited about this role but your past experience doesn’t align perfectly with every qualification in the job description, we encourage you to apply anyways. You may be just the right candidate for this or other roles. All backgrounds, identities, and voices are welcomed and celebrated at Via.
Ready to join the ride?
Via is an equal opportunity employer.