Via is changing the way the world moves, and as the Public Relations Associate Principal, Europe, you will play a meaningful role in building the Via brand in Europe through owned and earned media.
Based in Germany, the Netherlands, France or the United Kingdom, and under the leadership of the Global PR Director in New York City, you are at the center of “what’s happening” at Via. You will help to craft and execute European press strategies that demonstrate the impact of Via’s software and the TransitTech category to introduce more equitable, accessible, and sustainable transportation solutions.
You will collaborate with Via’s European partners to promote launches and service successes, take the lead on crafting proactive storytelling and thought leadership, and support important and exciting global business announcements. With visibility across all facets of the business, you will have the opportunity to work closely with a variety of teams including rider growth, sales, partner success, policy, and data science – to name a few. Via’s software powers innovative transit solutions in more than 600 communities worldwide, and you will be a significant contributor to supporting the company's continued growth.
What You’ll Do:
- Take a leading role developing and executing a PR strategy for Via in Europe, under the guidance of the Global PR Director in NYC.
- Work closely with local Via teams in Europe to understand the transportation landscape in each market, tell stories that resonate with key audiences, and differentiate Via.
- Coordinate European partner launch announcements – including press releases, pitches, and messaging.
- Understand the media landscape in priority markets, build relationships with journalists, pitch stories, and shepherd in-bound press inquiries.
- Liaise closely with Via Rider Growth and Partnership teams to uncover opportunities for PR after launch, including to support key contract renewals, service anniversaries, “feel good” local stories, and more.
- Work with the social media team to draft and post social media content (LinkedIn, Twitter, Facebook) related to press announcements and top media placements.
- Work with and support the Global PR Director to craft compelling stories and pitches about Via’s business and point-of-differentiation in the marketplace.
- Submit Via and partner services for noteworthy regional awards, both industry and beyond.
- Uncover opportunities for Via and partner bylines and thought leadership within the market.
- Regularly manage and maintain team media lists for Europe, with ongoing audit of “who’s who” in the tech, transit, and logistics landscape.
- Support the PR team monthly “Via in the News” coverage reports for global employees and investors.
Who You Are:
- Deep understanding of the media landscape, with technology, trade, and business preferred.
- Personal experience developing pitches and securing top-tier press coverage.
- Experience creating both “owned” and “earned” media content.
- Strategic thinker who can develop out-of-the box solutions and storylines.
- Strong communicator, who is able to adapt their level of detail depending on the audience.
- Passion for founder-led companies, and playing a meaningful role in the company’s growth.
- Independent, organized, and self-starter who is comfortable taking on a high level of responsibility.
- Humble, low ego, team player.
- Prior experience in public relations or communications, either at an agency or in-house.
- 3+ years of experience in public relations is preferred.
- German language and knowledge of German and overall European media
- Exceptional written and verbal communications skills in English.
- Based in Berlin, London, Amsterdam, or Paris, or open to relocating to one of these locations.
What Catches Our Eye:
- Stories speak for themselves. Media coverage and writing samples that stand out.
- Confidence in communication-- whether to reporters, internal parties, or Via’s partner teams around the globe.
- Ability to demonstrate your ability to manage multiple priorities and messages.
- Confident, human writers. We will help you through the process, but we’re looking for someone who can churn out a solid first draft.
We’re Via, and we build technology that changes the way the world moves. We pioneered the TransitTech category to ensure that the future of transportation is shared, dynamic public mobility — the kind that reduces carbon emissions across congested cities, minimizes reliance on private cars, and provides everyone with accessible, efficient, and affordable ways of getting around.
With the addition of Remix into our portfolio, we created the first end-to-end TransitTech solution for cities and transit agencies, offering world-class software, service design, and operational expertise to fundamentally improve the way the world moves.
Via was founded with the guiding principle that we go further when we go together. We are dedicated to building a diverse, inclusive, and authentic workplace. If you’re excited about this role but your past experience doesn’t align perfectly with every qualification in the job description, we encourage you to apply anyway. You may be just the right candidate for this or other roles. All backgrounds, identities, and voices are welcomed and celebrated at Via.
Ready to join the ride?
Via is an equal opportunity employer.