Via has partnered with 100+ cities and public transit agencies around the world to deploy our mobility technology. As a Field Manager on Via’s Transit-as-a-Service (TaaS) Operations team, you’ll be responsible for managing operations using our innovative technology platform. You’ll manage daily operations while driving continuous improvement and growth of our services.
What You'll Do:
- Ensure operational excellence and an unbelievable customer experience
- Oversee operations in person, the business needs may dictate a need for early mornings or evenings at times
- Manage driver supply to ensure the appropriate amount of vehicles are in service at any given time to meet demand expectations
- Prioritize operational issues as the real-time point of contact and implement creative solutions to solve problems as they arise
- Respond to driver feedback and live customer issues
- Diligently work collaboratively with a broad interdisciplinary team to scale operational processes, systems, and tools to drive rapid growth
- Analyze, interpret metrics/KPIs in order to identify possible inefficiencies and apply analysis to optimize operations.
Who You Are:
- A socially perceptive, environmentally conscious individual who is aligned with promoting transportation equity and the reduction of carbon emissions.
- A self-starter who is comfortable taking on a high level of responsibility
- Previous project management, operations, or customer service experience are a plus
- Goal oriented with ability to prioritize objectives and produce on key deliverables.
- Outgoing and sociable; skilled at communicating professionally with partners, customers and driver partners from a broad range of backgrounds
- Willing to wear multiple hats and contribute on projects of all types
- Fluent in English, additional languages a plus
- Based in Birmingham area and can easily commute to operation, (current or future)
What Catches Our Eye:
- Experience managing (including scheduling) a team
- Taking initiative and owning new projects
- Comfort with ambiguity and evolving / adapting as conditions change
- Experience managing projects with multiple stakeholders
- Bachelor’s degree
We’re Via, and we build technology that changes the way the world moves. We pioneered the TransitTech category to ensure that the future of transportation is shared, dynamic public mobility — the kind that reduces carbon emissions across congested cities, minimizes reliance on private cars, and provides everyone with accessible, efficient, and affordable ways of getting around.
With the addition of Remix into our portfolio, we created the first end-to-end TransitTech solution for cities and transit agencies, offering world-class software, service design, and operational expertise to fundamentally improve the way the world moves.
Via was founded with the guiding principle that we go further when we go together. We are dedicated to building a diverse, inclusive and authentic workplace. If you’re excited about this role but your past experience doesn’t align perfectly with every qualification in the job description, we encourage you to apply anyways. You may be just the right candidate for this or other roles. All backgrounds, identities, and voices are welcomed and celebrated at Via.
Ready to join the ride?