Via has partnered with transit agencies around the world to offer innovative transit services. As an Operations Manager, you will manage our new microtransit service and assist with our existing paratransit service, while gaining exposure to a fast-paced tech company.This is not a role where you will be working off the playbook - you will be defining new processes and ways to streamline our operations. This makes this a challenging people-facing role that spans entrepreneurship, business development and operations management. We hope you are up for it!
Via has operated para-transit service for Hampton Roads Transit since 2020, and based on our successful relationship, HRT awarded Via a contract for a first-of-its-kind micro-transit service, launching in July 2022.
What You'll Do:
- Lead the growth and execution of our brand new microtransit service in Hampton Roads, a 7 day per week ride-sharing service, the first in the area
- Manage our growing microtransit independent driver workforce to ensure adequate coverage across our geography and service hours
- Coordinate with our fleet partners to ensure vehicles are operational and to the partner’s satisfaction
- Build and manage key operational processes around supply planning, customer support, and reporting
- Prioritize operational issues as a real-time point of contact and provide creative solutions to execute improvements
- Build strong cross-functional relationships across various Via teams and offices and local operations staff, partnering with our existing local team serving Hampton Roads Paratransit
Who You Are:
- You have a proven track record of owning and executing complex projects
- You lead with humility, respect and empathy, you give and take feedback constructively, and you do not shy away from having difficult conversations and resolving conflicts
- You are effective at managing multiple tasks simultaneously; you can delegate, prioritize, and take responsibility
- You are comfortable working in a fast paced environment, operating in ambiguity, and shifting priorities quickly
- You are a problem solver; you don’t accept the status quo and are always looking for creative solutions
- Everything that comes in your way is met with a "roll up your sleeves" attitude. You partner effectively with others in order to provide solutions in all areas of our department and business
- You have strong written and verbal presentation and communication skills - you understand how to create a story and craft messaging based on your audience and the problem at hand
- You have a Bachelor's Degree and you are comfortable with managing data in Excel
What Catches Our Eye:
- Experience in a high growth, entrepreneurial environment
- Operations experience in either the transportation or logistics industry
- Working knowledge of Salesforce and Tableau
We’re Via, and we build technology that changes the way the world moves. We pioneered the TransitTech category to ensure that the future of transportation is shared, dynamic public mobility — the kind that reduces carbon emissions across congested cities, minimizes reliance on private cars, and provides everyone with accessible, efficient, and affordable ways of getting around.
With the addition of Remix into our portfolio, we created the first end-to-end TransitTech solution for cities and transit agencies, offering world-class software, service design, and operational expertise to fundamentally improve the way the world moves.
Via was founded with the guiding principle that we go further when we go together. We are dedicated to building a diverse, inclusive and authentic workplace. If you’re excited about this role but your past experience doesn’t align perfectly with every qualification in the job description, we encourage you to apply anyways. You may be just the right candidate for this or other roles. All backgrounds, identities, and voices are welcomed and celebrated at Via.
Ready to join the ride?