We are offering a unique opportunity to join us as a Domain Architect, be part of the founding group of Via's architecture organization and lead Via’s system design to the next level.
In Via we’re making public transportation smarter and building a system that can do anything when it comes to mobility.
As a Domain Architect you will be responsible for defining, maintaining and visualizing the design of the domain and the interaction between its components. You will guide, mentor and influence a group of dozens or even hundreds engineers in building an optimized, scalable design, innovate and remove development related roadblocks. You will be part of a leading group of domain architects who work closely with the product and business units on the most strategic opportunities. You will translate strategic business opportunities to system design, create a shared vision and verify the correct problems are being addressed with the best solutions.
What you’ll do
- Define, maintain and visualize intuitive design of the domain and the interaction between its components.
- Identify system commonalities and take active role in consolidating them to infrastructural, standardized elements
- Initiate architectural innovations to remove engineering roadblocks and suboptimal system design
- Lead the strategic feature designs of the domain while seeking for feedback from additional stakeholders
- Collaboration and mentoring of the domain engineering teams in design and code reviews
- Take active role in product and business discussions to create a shared vision
- Hands on coding tasks
- Advocate and plan for scalable system designs based on customer needs and company growth
Who You Are:
- B.Sc Computer Science, Mathematics, or any related degree
- 10+ years of professional experience in backend or full-stack development
- 3+ years of experience as an architect of a large scale system
- Proven mentoring/leading experience
- All-around team player and self-motivated highly independent individual
- Passionate for system design, seeing the big picture and at the same time maintaining the ability to deep dive into details
- Excellent communication skills
- Humble and low ego
We’re Via, and we build technology that changes the way the world moves. We pioneered the TransitTech category to ensure that the future of transportation is shared, dynamic public mobility — the kind that reduces carbon emissions across congested cities, minimizes reliance on private cars, and provides everyone with accessible, efficient, and affordable ways of getting around.
With the addition of Remix into our portfolio, we created the first end-to-end TransitTech solution for cities and transit agencies, offering world-class software, service design, and operational expertise to fundamentally improve the way the world moves.
We’re committed to building and nurturing a team as diverse as the communities we serve. Bringing transportation equity to the world begins with championing equal opportunity in our own offices. All backgrounds, identities, and voices are welcomed and celebrated here.
Ready to join the ride?