Via provides turn key transit operations powered by our advanced software - we call it Transportation-as-a-Service (TaaS). As an Associate Principal you will lead a team to deliver operational excellence across many of our TaaS services. We are looking for an individual who can find ways to improve the outcomes of existing processes and operationally realize that vision.
Note: This role would manage one or more of Via’s TaaS partner cities in North America. The role would be based in New York City but we are open to other locations.
What You'll Do:
- Develop clear success metrics for the team and support team to achieve KPIs through direct management, process iteration, and improved reporting visibility
- Directly manage a team and portfolio of operations with a clear focus on improving our operational excellence metrics
- Manage key operational processes across multiple locations, overseeing execution and helping to continually streamline
- Be a leader and work with different team members: foster a collaborative, cohesive, and energetic presence
- Be the subject matter expert on translating operating metrics to on the ground realities across multiple verticals
- Provide on the ground support to help with team development and solution engineering
Who You Are:
- You have a proven track record of managing teams (at least 3-5 years) and developing people - you know how to motivate and get the best work out of every person who you work with
- You lead with humility, respect and empathy, you give and take feedback constructively, and you do not shy away from having difficult conversations and resolving conflicts
- You are effective at managing multiple tasks simultaneously; you can delegate, prioritize, and take responsibility
- You are comfortable working in a fast paced environment, operating in ambiguity, and shifting priorities quickly
- You are a problem solver; you don’t accept the status quo and are always looking for creative solutions
- Everything that comes in your way is met with a "roll up your sleeves" attitude. You partner effectively with others in order to provide solutions in all areas of our department and business
- You have strong written and verbal presentation and communication skills - you understand how to create a story and craft messaging based on your audience and the problem at hand
- You have a Bachelor's Degree and you are equally comfortable with managing data and people
What Catches Our Eye:
- A track record of success in an operations led role
- Experience managing both teams and vendors, remote experience is a plus
We’re Via, and we build technology that changes the way the world moves. We pioneered the TransitTech category to ensure that the future of transportation is shared, dynamic public mobility — the kind that reduces carbon emissions across congested cities, minimizes reliance on private cars, and provides everyone with accessible, efficient, and affordable ways of getting around.
With the addition of Remix into our portfolio, we created the first end-to-end TransitTech solution for cities and transit agencies, offering world-class software, service design, and operational expertise to fundamentally improve the way the world moves.
We’re committed to building and nurturing a team as diverse as the communities we serve. Bringing transportation equity to the world begins with championing equal opportunity in our own offices. All backgrounds, identities, and voices are welcomed and celebrated here.
Ready to join the ride?