Via is changing the way the world moves, and as a Front End Developer, Marketing, you will play a key role in bringing our marketing campaigns and digital experiences to life. As a member of Via’s in-house creative studio reporting to the Head of Digital, you will have the opportunity to collaborate with teammates across the marketing organization and the company at-large to build compelling digital experiences for Via’s riders, drivers, and partners around the world. The work you do will have an immediate and positive impact on the stories we tell, illuminating the value we bring to cities and transit agencies to help solidify Via's place as the worldwide leader in TransitTech.
We believe that sophisticated yet approachable experiences define everything we do — from our products, to marketing campaigns, to our internal tools, it all should reflect our larger company mission to build more equitable, accessible, and sustainable cities.
What You'll Do:
- It starts with strategy: Partner with cross-functional teams on the what, the how, and the why of what we’re doing. Understand and apply key concepts of digital strategy, UX/UI, wireframes, and journey mapping to your projects.
- End-to-end development: Lead development of our digital projects from concept to code. Conceptualize and produce effective and intuitive digital projects including web sites, campaign pages for new business initiatives, maps, emails, social media assets, and any other attention-grabbing digital experience.
- Advocate for users: You are an accessibility evangelist, a champion for the end-user, and ♥ semantic code.
- Never settle: Optimize and push forward existing code to improve performance and scalability. You’re as comfortable refactoring as you are re-engineering. You love to debug and assist with QA.
- Think beyond the brief: Imagine what’s possible outside the scope of the project by presenting bold and compelling ideas. You bring new technologies and solutions to the table; you love to experiment and explore what is possible, while creating amazing experiences for all end-users.
- Hyper collaboration: Work closely with graphic designers, copywriters, motion artists, and technologists on a daily basis; frequently partner with the larger marketing organization on growth initiatives, demand gen projects, and product marketing campaigns.
- Have a design opinion: You’re not a Figma expert, but you have an eye for design, appreciate a great user experience, and swoon over considered user interactions.
- Be a subject matter expert: You stay up to speed on the latest dev trends, current technologies, processes, and standards.
- A natural leader: Be a mentor to and inspire junior team members, while empowering the creative team to push the boundaries of what’s possible in the digital space.
Who You Are:
- You’ve got at least 3+ years experience as a front-end developer, creative technologist, or web developer.
- You have a portfolio, repo, and/or code samples exhibiting projects that you’ve launched.
- You’re a front-end expert — HTML, CSS, JS, Git, and modern tooling are just a jumping off point.
- You’re familiar with and comfortable working with different CMS architectures.
- Willing to create detailed documentation to enable self-serve use of our tech stack.
- You care about the design and usability just as much as performance and optimization; you don’t sacrifice form for function.
- Experience integrating UI and APIs.
- You’re an easy going person and a natural team player that thrives in a fast-paced environment, able to iterate quickly and adapt to a rapidly growing brand.
- You’re flexible and adaptable to changing working conditions, whether remotely or on a hybrid in-person schedule at our NYC headquarters.
What Catches Our Eye:
- Webflow experience
- Data visualization skills
- Motion and animation experience
- Experience with unit/integration testing
- Back-end development experience.
- Experience with instrumenting A/B tests and content targeting/personalization.
- Experience working with CRM (Salesforce) and marketing automation platforms (Marketo, Eloqua, Pardot, etc.).
- Passion for transportation
- Portfolio or code samples are required!
We’re Via, and we build technology that changes the way the world moves. We pioneered the TransitTech category to ensure that the future of transportation is shared, dynamic public mobility — the kind that reduces carbon emissions across congested cities, minimizes reliance on private cars, and provides everyone with accessible, efficient, and affordable ways of getting around.
With the addition of Remix into our portfolio, we created the first end-to-end TransitTech solution for cities and transit agencies, offering world-class software, service design, and operational expertise to fundamentally improve the way the world moves.
We’re committed to building and nurturing a team as diverse as the communities we serve. Bringing transportation equity to the world begins with championing equal opportunity in our own offices. All backgrounds, identities, and voices are welcomed and celebrated here.
Ready to join the ride?