As the New Business Strategy Associate, you’ll define and execute on multiple aspects of our new business strategy, including evaluating new market opportunities, identifying and building new strategic partnerships, incubating new products, and expanding existing partnerships into new business verticals. As a part of the team responsible for developing new businesses, you’ll create long-term solutions allowing public transit to be more innovative, equitable and financially-sustainable. You will work cross-functionally at Via and with external stakeholders to scale our current initiatives and generate innovative solutions that will help shape the future of mobility.
What You’ll Do:
- Contribute to the strategic decision-making, rigorous project management, and entrepreneurial approach required to support Via’s entry and expansion into new markets.
- Conduct rigorous analyses and make business recommendations to expand Via’s cutting-edge technology to new areas of transportation.
- Implement strategies to expand Via into new markets, in particular advertising, but also autonomous vehicles, electric vehicles, and healthcare transportation.
- Identify, build and grow alliances with industry leading partners that could accelerate our penetration into new verticals.
- Master the ins and outs of Via’s capabilities to further develop and scale our new solutions.
- Play an active role in furthering the creation and adoption of solutions that transportation has never seen before.
Who You Are:
- Strong analytical and presentation skills; you can analyze a problem, pay attention to details, generate compelling insights and communicate them clearly through presentations.
- Organized and proactive; you’re a self-starter who is comfortable taking on significant responsibility, and can quickly learn and apply new skills
- A strong executor, you get the job done while keeping the big picture firmly in mind.
- Creative generalist; you’re excited to hone cross-functional business skills — from product and sales to finance and business development — and apply them to structure and solve ambiguous problems.
- A people person; you enjoy building rapport with potential partners, excel at working with people from different backgrounds, and bring a sense of humor and humility to each conversation.
- A savvy and tactful communicator; you intuitively find the right tone for each audience.
- A Bachelor’s Degree and 1-2 years of experience in management consulting, investment banking at a top-tier firm or in a relevant role at either a high-growth startup or blue chip company.
What Catches Our Eye:
- Previous interest or experience in media and/or the future of transportation is a plus, but not required.
- A creative background and entrepreneurial mindset — you’ve started a new organization or business or have demonstrated interest in undefined projects or problems in another way.
We’re Via, and we build technology that changes the way the world moves. We pioneered the TransitTech category to ensure that the future of transportation is shared, dynamic public mobility — the kind that reduces carbon emissions across congested cities, minimizes reliance on private cars, and provides everyone with accessible, efficient, and affordable ways of getting around.
With the addition of Remix into our portfolio, we created the first end-to-end TransitTech solution for cities and transit agencies, offering world-class software, service design, and operational expertise to fundamentally improve the way the world moves.
We’re committed to building and nurturing a team as diverse as the communities we serve. Bringing transportation equity to the world begins with championing equal opportunity in our own offices. All backgrounds, identities, and voices are welcomed and celebrated here.
Ready to join the ride?
Via is an equal opportunity employer.