As the State & Local Policy & Government Affairs Lead, you will work on the Policy & Government Affairs team to develop and execute an impactful and comprehensive government relations strategy at the state, regional, and local levels. A unique opportunity to work as part of a policy team that creates positive and constructive alliances with the public sector, helping to enable greater access to affordable, accessible, transit that improves economic mobility and reduces GHG emissions. We're flexible with location and are open to candidates from all around the U.S.
What You'll Do:
- Research, track and respond to evolving state and local legislation and regulations that impact transit technology solutions and services
- Draft official written material: op-eds, blog posts, policy proposals, comments on regulations, formal correspondence, etc.
- Represent Via and Via’s vision and advocate for specific policies to elected officials and their staff, as well as the broader policy community
- Drive forward targeted projects through work with external consultants and cross-functional internal teams
- Identify key stakeholder groups in priority markets and develop outreach strategy to advance areas of common interest
- Represent the company at policy conferences and other forums
Who You Are:
- Execution-oriented; a self-starter who takes action and achieves tangible results
- A strategic thinker and day-to-day executor who can juggle several issues at once; you’re able to effectively consider and solve both short and long-term problems and you’re hyper organized
- A natural at public affairs; an excellent communicator with demonstrated writing, editing, and speaking skills
- You thrive in fast-paced environments and feel comfortable with a high level of responsibility
- You have a strong ability to articulate strategic objectives and have a deep knowledge of government and politics;
- In policy or geographic areas that are new to you, you can quickly get up to speed, identify the key issues, and quickly develop and execute a strategy;
- Have experience managing relationships with a broad spectrum of stakeholders
- Have experience in government, policy, and political affairs
- 3-10 years' relevant experience
We’re Via, and we build technology that changes the way the world moves. We pioneered the TransitTech category to ensure that the future of transportation is shared, dynamic public mobility — the kind that reduces carbon emissions across congested cities, minimizes reliance on private cars, and provides everyone with accessible, efficient, and affordable ways of getting around.
With the addition of Remix into our portfolio, we created the first end-to-end TransitTech solution for cities and transit agencies, offering world-class software, service design, and operational expertise to fundamentally improve the way the world moves.
We’re committed to building and nurturing a team as diverse as the communities we serve. Bringing transportation equity to the world begins with championing equal opportunity in our own offices. All backgrounds, identities, and voices are welcomed and celebrated here.
Ready to join the ride?
Via is an equal opportunity employer.