As Technical Project Manager, you will be responsible for managing the ongoing technical success of the Mobility Center (Mobiliteitscentrale), Via’s largest operational deployment in Europe and one of the most ambitious mobility projects worldwide.
You will be responsible for planning and managing R&D, including ensuring that the technical aspects of the Mobility Center are delivered on time and meet product definitions, quality, and technical requirements. You will be the main point of contact for our partners technical team, and work closely with various Via internal teams, including Product, Engineering, QA, and Data Science to coordinate deliverables.
You won’t be working from a playbook – you’ll be writing it. The Technical Project Manager role requires a rare combination of intelligence, creativity, and leadership. This is an opportunity for a truly outstanding technical project manager and entrepreneur to help shape the future of mobility in Belgium, Europe, and around the world. You’ll need to be a skilful relationship builder, a technical infrastructure and product expert, and an exceptionally creative problem solver.
What You’ll Do:
- Oversee technical project management, working between our partners’ technical and IT teams and Via’s internal cross-functional R&D team to manage all technical aspects of the service
- Define key integrations between the Via system and our partners’ existing data and technical infrastructure, including input data, identity management, output data and downstream systems integrations.
- Manage our QA/testing and release schedule, and provide high-quality, comprehensive test result documentation to our partners.
- Lead technical security and approvals processes and coordinate the creation of technical documentation to meet project requirements.
- Build a deep and trusting long-term partner relationship with partners: identify partner pain points, and leverage deep product knowledge to distill requests and ideas into actionable next steps and technology features.
- Collaborate with Via’s business development team to scope and design new projects and develop the business line based on domain expertise. Leverage your understanding of Via’s capabilities to inform the ongoing development of our product and technical strategy.
Who You Are:
- Independent self-starter: you thrive in fast-paced environments and feel comfortable with a high level of responsibility. You can troubleshoot issues in real-time and oversee multiple tasks simultaneously.
- A savvy and tactful communicator with a demonstrated record of building and fostering durable business relationships; you can work with people from a wide range of backgrounds. You remain calm and collected when facing crisis or criticism, and celebrate partners’ successes with them.
- A strong executor: you know how to prioritize and you get the job done while keeping the big picture firmly in mind.
- A rounded technical expert: you understand various cloud technologies (AWS, Docker, Serverless, etc.), can work with Python/JS developers, and are enthusiastic about system architecture, network protocols, security, design, testing, and performance.
- 5+ years of work experience in a technical role (software development, engineering, IT, technical project management) at a SaaS or technology company.
- Earned a Bachelor’s Degree in a technical/STEM field, with a record of exceptional academic achievement.
- Fluent in English and Dutch
What Catches Our Eye:
- Demonstrated success in technical project or program management, especially at a growing startup
- Passion for mobility
- Fluency in French
We’re Via, and we build technology that changes the way the world moves. We pioneered the TransitTech category to ensure that the future of transportation is shared, dynamic public mobility — the kind that reduces carbon emissions across congested cities, minimizes reliance on private cars, and provides everyone with accessible, efficient, and affordable ways of getting around.
With the addition of Remix into our portfolio, we created the first end-to-end TransitTech solution for cities and transit agencies, offering world-class software, service design, and operational expertise to fundamentally improve the way the world moves.
We’re committed to building and nurturing a team as diverse as the communities we serve. Bringing transportation equity to the world begins with championing equal opportunity in our own offices. All backgrounds, identities, and voices are welcomed and celebrated here.
Ready to join the ride?
Via is an equal opportunities employer.