We are looking for a Data Developer to join our R&D center in TLV.
Our Data Developers are curious, key team-members, who work closely with engineers, analysts and product managers and are passionate about tackling complex problems in a world of rich data and real-life user needs. The Data Developer is a crucial facilitator between the technical and the business domains.
In this position, you will work alongside various teams which are responsible for our Riders, Drivers & Partners' Journeys. You will play a significant part in scaling up our data infrastructure, while providing creative solutions for complex data challenges. You will need to support new products and proactively guide the engineering teams in data production. Responsibilities include modeling & building Via’s data warehouse, ETLs and other data related processes..
What You'll Do
- Become the focal point for all data matters in your domain and work closely with the R&D, analytics and product teams.
- Deeply familiarize yourself with VIA’s products and their logic in order to define data structure and processes.
- Take full data ownership of existing and new features: define data points, extract and manipulate data, perform validation and testing.
- Create, support and maintain several data marts, while focusing on data integrity, performance and long-term maintainability.
- Design and maintain ETL processes.
- Work alongside data analysts to achieve greater functionality in our data systems and support their capabilities of providing actionable insights.
- Initiate, own and manage multiple data projects simultaneously.
Who You Are:
- 3+ years of backend experience in a data development role.
- 4+ years of hands-on experience writing complex SQL queries, working with deep and wide data-lakes.
- 2+ years of experience in data modeling and in designing complex processes.
- Experience performing root cause analysis on internal and external data and processes.
- Experience working with version control (git)
- Experience with data visualization tools (Tableau / Looker / PowerBI / other).
- Capable of owning the process of developing KPIs (end to end) to support data driven product decisions.
- Exceptional ability to understand complex data and turn it into actionable insights.
- BSc/BA in a quantitative field such as mathematics, statistics or engineering.
- Strong communication skills (Fluent English required).
- Fast learner, independent and with a proven ability to multitask on several projects at a time.
- Ability to identify inefficient processes, and to be proactive in working towards improving them.
- Passionate about data!
- Experienced working with Snowflake data warehouse
- Experience working with DBT and Airflow
- Experience coding in Python (or other coding languages)
- Experience working on user-facing mobile/web products.
We’re Via, and we build technology that changes the way the world moves. We pioneered the TransitTech category to ensure that the future of transportation is shared, dynamic public mobility — the kind that reduces carbon emissions across congested cities, minimizes reliance on private cars, and provides everyone with accessible, efficient, and affordable ways of getting around.
With the addition of Remix into our portfolio, we created the first end-to-end TransitTech solution for cities and transit agencies, offering world-class software, service design, and operational expertise to fundamentally improve the way the world moves.
We’re committed to building and nurturing a team as diverse as the communities we serve. Bringing transportation equity to the world begins with championing equal opportunity in our own offices. All backgrounds, identities, and voices are welcomed and celebrated here.
Ready to join the ride?