Looking to take your career to the next level at a high-growth company with a powerful social impact? Enjoy a mix of management and hands-on work? Excited to help grow a high-impact, fast-paced team?
Via is looking for a Growth Marketing Lead to join our Rider Growth team. Via partners with cities all over the world, with new services launching every week. The Rider Growth team is responsible for acquiring more public transit riders in each city, and helping those riders become loyal users.
You will work closely with internal teams as well as directly with our partners to launch and grow TransitTech deployments in a variety of environments (from rural rideshare to school buses).
We’re looking for exceptional people with an incredible ability to learn and execute. Our ideal candidate is someone who has led teams doing marketing, data, product, or consulting.
You should be familiar with acquisition channels (paid and organic) and lifecycle tactics, versed in A/B testing, and able to use data to determine a course of action.
You will be leading a small organization within the Rider Growth team. Being able to hire, train, and nurture exceptional talent is a key part of the job.
Your cover letter is really important! We want to hear why you’re interested and why you’re a good fit for the role. Bonus points! Tell us about something you’ve been learning lately (in any area): what it is, why you’re interested, and how you’re going about it.
What You'll Do:
- Develop full lifecycle marketing programs based on quantitative and qualitative market research, customer segments, and key use cases.
- Collaborate across internal and partner teams to launch, execute, monitor, and optimize marketing programs.
- Build programs for local communities and scale them to similar markets.
- Consistently identify and test new rider growth initiatives that can supplement our existing strategies.
- Conduct analysis to identify areas of opportunity and improvement across the entire rider lifecycle (e.g. signup conversion funnel, early engagement, retention).
- Create replicable processes and playbooks to drive efficiency.
- Develop and maintain reports and dashboards that track key metrics.
- Communicate strategies, insights, and progress to internal and external stakeholders.
- Manage 1-3 team members. Helping them grow and thrive.
Who You Are:
- Passionate about growth marketing and excited by the opportunity to help drive public transit ridership in diverse communities around the world.
- Able to understand and empathize with the end customer.
- Strong communicator (oral and written), who is able to adapt their level of detail depending on the audience.
- Independent, organized, and self-starter who is comfortable taking on a high level of responsibility.
- Humble, low ego, team player.
- You have a strong bias towards data-driven problem solving. You are comfortable working with data sets of all types to generate a hypothesis or recommendation.
- You are metrics-driven, and comfortable measuring success against a set of KPIs.
What Catches Our Eye:
- Marketing, growth, data, or product experience.
- Direct experience with user acquisition channels (digital, OOH, PR, etc.) and messaging or analytics platforms (LeanPlum, AppsFlyer, etc.).
- User research experience: conducting surveys and focus groups.
- Analytical background: Excel, SQL, Tableau, Python, R, etc.
- Management experience.
- Learned a new skill recently.
We’re Via, and we build technology that changes the way the world moves. We pioneered the TransitTech category to ensure that the future of transportation is shared, dynamic public mobility — the kind that reduces carbon emissions across congested cities, minimizes reliance on private cars, and provides everyone with accessible, efficient, and affordable ways of getting around.
With the addition of Remix into our portfolio, we created the first end-to-end TransitTech solution for cities and transit agencies, offering world-class software, service design, and operational expertise to fundamentally improve the way the world moves.
We’re committed to building and nurturing a team as diverse as the communities we serve. Bringing transportation equity to the world begins with championing equal opportunity in our own offices. All backgrounds, identities, and voices are welcomed and celebrated here.
Ready to join the ride?