Via is using technology to transform transportation around the world. From changing a single person’s daily commute to reducing humanity’s collective environmental footprint — we’ve got huge goals.
As a Production Designer at Via, your combination of creative and technical skills make you a core member of our in-house creative team. You will collaborate closely with other designers, writers, developers, marketing team members, as well as cross functional teams, providing the link between conceptual design and tangible results for marketing to hundreds of our existing partners around the world and thousands of potential partners. You are the final checkpoint in the creative design process, ensuring all deliverables are produced on time and with the highest quality. We believe that sophisticated yet approachable design should be infused into everything we do — whether our product, our partner-facing campaigns, or our internal tools. All design should reflect our larger company mission to build more equitable, accessible, and sustainable cities, and in this role you will play a key part in meeting that objective.
What You'll Do:
- Working on projects for print, digital, events, motion, and more, you will ensure that the Via brand is represented through stunning and clear design.
- Design, and build inspiring visual assets including web/landing page assets, emails, social media assets, gifs, print collateral (event banners and large scale booth design, product illustrations/mockups, sales presentation material). You will help expand and evolve our visual toolkit.You will also be responsible for codifying, archiving, and updating graphic files.
- Adapt design assets across different mediums such as brochures, handouts, social media posts, apps, and presentation decks. Effectively communicate with stakeholders and streamline processes within the design team.
- Work closely with the broader creative team (graphic designers and copywriters) on a daily basis; frequently partner within the larger marketing organization (rider growth, demand gen, PR, etc) on campaigns and high visibility brand projects. Collaborate with cross-functional teams within Via to deliver creative solutions with measurable outcomes.
- Work on a range of projects - from complex to straightforward - in a fast paced environment where quality and attention to detail are valued.
Who You Are:
- You’ve got a passion for transportation with at least 2 years of experience in a similar role within a company or agency, with an understanding of industry best practices.
- You've got a solid operational knowledge of Photoshop, Illustrator, InDesign, and Figma, and a thorough understanding of print and collateral design and production processes. Motion and/or animation skills is a plus, but not required.
- You have a design portfolio that displays a strong sense of style, conceptual thinking, and an understanding of color, layout, typography, especially how these are optimized for an accessible user experience, in print and digital.
- You are open to feedback and constantly strive to improve design in critiques, reviews, and team forums.
- You’re a self-starter and natural team player that thrives in a fast-paced environment, able to iterate quickly, own your work, and adapt to a rapidly growing brand.
- You’re flexible and adaptable to changing working conditions, whether remotely or on a hybrid in-person schedule at our NYC headquarters.
- Nothing gets past you. Your attention to detail is exceptional — in design and copy, noticing the big and the small errors and opportunities for enhancement.
Compensation and Benefits
- All final pay rates will be determined by candidates experience, knowledge, skills, and abilities of the applicant, internal equity, and alignment with market data.
- Pay Range: $65,000-$85,000
We’re Via, and we build technology that changes the way the world moves. We pioneered the TransitTech category to ensure that the future of transportation is shared, dynamic public mobility — the kind that reduces carbon emissions across congested cities, minimizes reliance on private cars, and provides everyone with accessible, efficient, and affordable ways of getting around.
We created the first end-to-end TransitTech solution for cities and transit agencies, offering world-class software, service design, and operational expertise to fundamentally improve the way the world moves.
Via was founded with the guiding principle that we go further when we go together. We are dedicated to building a diverse, inclusive and authentic workplace. If you’re excited about this role but your past experience doesn’t align perfectly with every qualification in the job description, we encourage you to apply anyways. You may be just the right candidate for this or other roles. All backgrounds, identities, and voices are welcomed and celebrated at Via.
Ready to join the ride?
Via is an equal opportunity employer.