Via has partnered with transit agencies around the world to offer innovative transit services. As an Operations Manager, you will manage a first-of-its-kind, intermodal transit service while gaining exposure to a fast-paced tech company.This is not a role where you will be working off the playbook - you will be building the plane while flying it. This makes this a challenging people-facing role that spans entrepreneurship, business development and operations management. We hope you are up for it!
What You'll Do
- Prioritize operational issues as a real-time point of contact and provide creative solutions for scheduling of a 24/7 team
- Ensure compliance with all regulatory, vehicle, rider and driver safety requirements
- Develop clear metrics for the team and visibility into results against KPIs and priorities to the on a weekly basis
- Build strong cross-functional relationships across various Via teams and offices and 3rd party vendors
- Tirelessly work to scale operational processes, products and systems to drive rapid growth
Who You Are
- You have a proven track record of managing teams (at least 3-5 years) and developing people - you know how to motivate and get the best work out of every person who you work with
- You lead with humility, respect and empathy, you give and take feedback constructively, and you do not shy away from having difficult conversations and resolving conflicts
- You are effective at managing multiple tasks simultaneously; you can delegate, prioritize, and take responsibility
- You are comfortable working in a fast paced environment, operating in ambiguity, and shifting priorities quickly
- You are a problem solver; you don’t accept the status quo and are always looking for creative solutions
- Everything that comes in your way is met with a "roll up your sleeves" attitude. You partner effectively with others in order to provide solutions in all areas of our department and business
- You have strong written and verbal presentation and communication skills - you understand how to create a story and craft messaging based on your audience and the problem at hand
- You have a Bachelor's Degree and you are comfortable with managing data in Excel
What Catches Our Eye
- Experience in a high growth, entrepreneurial environment
- Working knowledge of Salesforce and Tableau
We’re Via, and we build technology that changes the way the world moves. We pioneered the TransitTech category to ensure that the future of transportation is shared, dynamic public mobility — the kind that reduces carbon emissions across congested cities, minimizes reliance on private cars, and provides everyone with accessible, efficient, and affordable ways of getting around.
With the addition of Remix into our portfolio, we created the first end-to-end TransitTech solution for cities and transit agencies, offering world-class software, service design, and operational expertise to fundamentally improve the way the world moves.
We’re committed to building and nurturing a team as diverse as the communities we serve. Bringing transportation equity to the world begins with championing equal opportunity in our own offices. All backgrounds, identities, and voices are welcomed and celebrated here.
Ready to join the ride?
Via is an equal opportunity employer.