Via is changing the way the world moves, and as a Senior Product Marketing Designer, you will help drive how we communicate the story of our products through stunning and intuitive design. As a member of Via’s in-house creative studio reporting to the Platform Design Director, you will bring our solutions to life for prospects and partners, helping them understand our sophisticated technology in ways that are smart and accessible. You will help define the visual vocabulary for product marketing, and will have the opportunity to collaborate with teammates across the marketing organization, product, and the company at-large. The work you do will have an immediate and positive impact on the stories we tell, illuminating the value we bring to cities and transit agencies to help solidify Via's place as the worldwide leader in TransitTech.
We believe that sophisticated yet approachable design should be infused into everything we do — whether it’s our product, our partner-facing campaigns, or our internal tools, it all should be reflective of our larger company mission to build more equitable, accessible, and sustainable cities.
What You’ll Do:
- It starts with strategy: Partner with cross-functional teams on the what, the how, and the why of what we’re doing to thoughtfully translate partner needs into crafted digital experiences and supporting partnership-based collateral.
- End-to-end design: Conceptualize, design, and build inspiring visual assets (web/landing page assets, product videos, gifs, animations, emails, social media assets, print collateral, product illustrations, sales presentation material). You will be growing brand awareness, and increasing product adoption, while strengthening, expanding, and evolving our visual toolkit.
- Digital design master: Clearly communicate ideas through various levels of the design process: research, user journey, wireframes/storyboards, prototypes, all the way through final production. Fundamental product and UX/UI design knowledge will be an advantage for discerning and conveying integral product features and benefits.
- Spearhead initiatives: Evangelize design within the organization by building out foundational and accessible tools and systems to help teams scale and share the latest and greatest of our products.
- Think beyond the brief: Imagine what’s possible outside the scope of the assignment by presenting bold and compelling ideas for visual storytelling— and encouraging others to do the same. Find areas where we can surprise and delight our audiences in a compelling way.
- Hyper collaboration: Work closely with the creative team (graphic designers and copywriters) on a daily basis; frequently partner with the larger marketing organization on product marketing initiatives, demand gen campaigns, and high visibility brand projects.
- Be a subject matter expert: Stay up to speed on the latest design trends, current technologies, processes, and visual styles. Nurture and grow your design career, learn new skills, and use inspiration from recent learnings to develop and elevate our evolving visual toolkit.
- Encourage empathy: Become deeply familiar with user and audience pain points and strive to address those needs through succinct and approachable design solutions. Work closely with product designers to align on UI/UX goals, communicate with our partnerships team to uncover unmet needs, and aim to bridge knowledge gaps.
Who You Are:
- You’ve got 5-7 years experience in an agency or with an in-house creative or product design team.
- You have a design portfolio that displays conceptual thinking and a strong understanding of color, layout, typography, especially how these are optimized for an accessible user experience.
- You’re fluent in the Adobe Creative Suite, Sketch, Figma, and emerging design tools.
- You’ve got proficient knowledge of video and/or motion design.
- You’re familiar with and comfortable working directly in product design files and editing or modifying assets to convey a specific idea.
- You care about the usability and experience just as much as the visual design; you don’t sacrifice form for function.
- You are open to feedback and constantly strive to improve design in critiques, reviews, and team forums.
- You’re an easy going person and a natural team player that thrives in a fast-paced environment, able to iterate quickly and adapt to a rapidly growing brand.
- You’re flexible and adaptable to changing working conditions, whether remotely or on a hybrid in-person schedule at our NYC headquarters.
What Catches Our Eye:
- Motion and/or animation skills
- Product design background
- Passion for transportation
- Portfolio required! Please provide your design portfolio. i.e. Website or examples of recent work you have completed which are relevant to product marketing, social media, advertising, digital design, UX and/or web design.
We’re Via, and we build technology that changes the way the world moves. We pioneered the TransitTech category to ensure that the future of transportation is shared, dynamic public mobility — the kind that reduces carbon emissions across congested cities, minimizes reliance on private cars, and provides everyone with accessible, efficient, and affordable ways of getting around.
With the addition of Remix into our portfolio, we created the first end-to-end TransitTech solution for cities and transit agencies, offering world-class software, service design, and operational expertise to fundamentally improve the way the world moves.
We’re committed to building and nurturing a team as diverse as the communities we serve. Bringing transportation equity to the world begins with championing equal opportunity in our own offices. All backgrounds, identities, and voices are welcomed and celebrated here.
Ready to join the ride?
Via is an equal opportunity employer.