Partner Operations oversees all operations, strategy, and execution for our transit solutions around the world. As a Strategy & Operations Principal you will join one of our business line teams (Paratransit, Direct-to-Consumer, Transportation as a Service) and lead a diverse array of projects directly impacting operational, financial, and commercial performance. You will set strategy and lead end-to-end projects in areas including operational processes, P&L performance, supply and demand balancing, partner engagement, and product design/improvement. As a senior member of the team you will regularly collaborate with General Managers, Partner Success, Product, Finance, and our Global Operations team to drive continuous improvement across a portfolio of services.
What You’ll Do:
- Identify and solve problems in real time - collaborate with General Managers and our Global Operations team to create solutions for problems as they arise across all aspects of our operations (e.g. supply, economics, driver growth, marketing, customer support)
- Set aggressive P&L targets and develop the solutions to achieve them
- Lead strategy sessions with partners, helping them develop and grow a fully operational on-demand transit system
- Drive growth in the business by leveraging key learnings from active services to shape our product features and operational practices
- Galvanize other teams (partner ops teams and general managers, finance, data science, product, senior management) to achieve long-term goals, unlock new value, and set Via up for scale
- Collaborate with our world-class product and engineering team to prioritize product pipelines and brainstorm, design, and test new products in new markets
Who You Are:
- Able to own large, complex, cross-functional projects end-to-end and drive to results
- A great communicator. You are excited to bring operational concepts and new products to life in front of a group of external partners and stakeholders
- Comfortable with analytical tools (e.g., Excel, Tableau, SQL, Python) and a willingness to further develop this skill set
- No problem is too big or small. Willing and excited to engage on operational details and get into the weeds
- Excited to mentor and manage Associate and Associate Principal team members
- 5+ years of work experience, likely at a high-growth startup, established tech company, consulting, or financial firm
- Hold a Bachelor’s Degree with a record of exceptional academic and professional achievement
What Catches Our Eye:
- Demonstrated record of entrepreneurial achievement
- MBA is a plus but not required
We’re Via, and we build technology that changes the way the world moves. We pioneered the TransitTech category to ensure that the future of transportation is shared, dynamic public mobility — the kind that reduces carbon emissions across congested cities, minimizes reliance on private cars, and provides everyone with accessible, efficient, and affordable ways of getting around.
With the addition of Remix into our portfolio, we created the first end-to-end TransitTech solution for cities and transit agencies, offering world-class software, service design, and operational expertise to fundamentally improve the way the world moves.
We’re committed to building and nurturing a team as diverse as the communities we serve. Bringing transportation equity to the world begins with championing equal opportunity in our own offices. All backgrounds, identities, and voices are welcomed and celebrated here.
Ready to join the ride?
Via offers above market compensation packages and benefits, including equity, health insurance, and relocation assistance.
Via is an equal opportunity employer.