Global Operations works across Via’s business portfolio to drive continuous improvement and innovation in transit services around the world. As a Strategy & Operations Principal you will join one of our central teams (Driver, Vehicle, Marketplace, Support, SaaS Operations) and lead a diverse array of projects directly impacting Via’s operations. You will set strategy, lead end-to-end projects and own outcomes in areas including financial and operational analyses, process improvement, new product development and launch, and more. As a senior member of the team you will regularly collaborate with external partners and internally with financial analysts, product experts, engineers, and data scientists to achieve core strategic goals across the organization. We are a low-ego, high-impact team who enjoy finding creative solutions to complex problems.
What You’ll Do:
- Own weekly, monthly, quarterly and annual operations & financial targets while developing and executing creative strategies to achieve them
- Contribute to product development, both internal and consumer-facing, to optimize performance and efficiency
- Collaborate cross-functionally with executive leaders and stakeholders from across the organization including Product, Partner Success, Sales, Business Development, Expansion, Operations and Growth teams
- Ideate, pitch, and execute proposals to maximize the efficiency and performance of Via’s products and services
- Together with our product managers and engineers, own new product feature roll-outs and analysis
- Galvanize other teams (partner ops teams and general managers, finance, data science, product, senior management) to achieve long-term goals, unlock new value, and set Via up for scale
- Develop new and work with existing external partnerships to achieve Via’s growth and operational objectives
Who You Are:
- Highly analytical and a good communicator. You can not only knock out a complex analysis, but can quickly distill key insights for various groups.
- Able to own large, complex, cross-functional projects end-to-end and drive to results
- Collaborative and able to generate buy-in to get things done within a multi-team, multi-geography organization
- Comfortable with analytical tools (e.g., Excel, Tableau, SQL, Python) and a willingness to further develop this skill set
- Excited to mentor and manage Associate and Associate Principal team members
- 5+ years of work experience, likely at a high-growth startup, established tech company, consulting, or financial firm
- Hold a Bachelor’s Degree with a record of exceptional academic and professional achievement
What Catches Our Eye:
- Demonstrated record of entrepreneurial achievement
- MBA is a plus but not required
We’re Via, and we pioneered the TransitTech category to ensure that the future of transportation is shared, dynamic public mobility — the kind that reduces carbon emissions across congested cities, minimizes reliance on private cars, and provides everyone with accessible, efficient, and affordable ways of getting around.
With the addition of Remix into our portfolio, we created the first end-to-end TransitTech solution for cities and transit agencies, offering world-class software, service design, and operational expertise to fundamentally improve the way the world moves.
We’re committed to building and nurturing a team as diverse as the communities we serve. Bringing transportation equity to the world begins with championing equal opportunity in our own offices. All backgrounds, identities, and voices are welcomed and celebrated here.
Ready to join the ride?
“Via offers above market compensation packages and benefits, including equity, health insurance, and relocation assistance. Via is an equal opportunity employer.”