As a Strategy & Operations Principal for one of Via's deployments, you manage the P&L, strategy and daily operations of one or several of our large-scale mobility services. This role will give you the opportunity to impact paratransit and on-demand mobility in the broader Berlin region.
You will divide your time between continuous data-driven optimization and partner collaboration, ensuring that the insights you uncover can help reduce our collective carbon footprint while allowing more people to easily access education, healthcare, and employment opportunities due to better mobility solutions.
Note that we are considering professionals of various levels of experience, which is why this role could ultimately be offered at the Associate Principal or Principal level.
What You'll Do:
- Analyze data from our deployments to continuously optimize our operations and understand how various KPIs influence our profit and loss statement (P&L)
- Work closely with our Berlin General Manager and team members in Strategy, Operations, Algorithm and Product to determine how to improve service growth and financial performance
- Recommend strategies that strike the right balance between service quality and operational efficiency while respecting our SLAs
- Present your findings to our partner and engage in strategic conversations to define next steps to scale our services
- Directly influence the life of people in the broader Berlin area by providing inclusive, accessible and sustainable transportation.
What We Offer:
- Trust and autonomy: we know which challenges we want to tackle but we will let you decide how to approach them –and be ready to support you along the way
- A stimulating environment: meet impact-driven managers and colleagues with whom to discuss the best approaches to improve our mobility solutions
- Long-term career opportunities: whether you grow your expertise by tackling new issues or decide to explore a new career path, we’re in it for the long run
- Impactful work: we are having an influence on the ability of people to move around and access more opportunities in over 35 countries.
Who You Are:
- 4+ years of experience working with data and / or in external-facing roles: you will analyze financial data and present your findings to our partner
- Fluency in German and English: you will be presenting and discussing your conclusions with our partners
Keen to take ownership: you will uncover trends and make data-driven recommendations to improve our business
- Strong communication skills: you have the ability to explain technical concepts to a non-technical audience
We’re Via, and we build technology that changes the way the world moves. We pioneered the TransitTech category to ensure that the future of transportation is shared, dynamic public mobility — the kind that reduces carbon emissions across congested cities, minimizes reliance on private cars, and provides everyone with accessible, efficient, and affordable ways of getting around.
With the addition of Remix into our portfolio, we created the first end-to-end TransitTech solution for cities and transit agencies, offering world-class software, service design, and operational expertise to fundamentally improve the way the world moves.
Via was founded with the guiding principle that we go further when we go together. We are dedicated to building a diverse, inclusive, and authentic workplace. If you’re excited about this role but your past experience doesn’t align perfectly with every qualification in the job description, we encourage you to apply anyways. You may be just the right candidate for this or other roles. All backgrounds, identities, and voices are welcomed and celebrated at Via.
Ready to join the ride?
Via is an equal opportunities employer.