As a Strategy & Operations Principal, you will play a critical role in supervising the daily operations of Via’s advanced mobility services across the DACH region. These include the most innovative operations in DACH: the Sonderfahrdienst paratransit service, which aims to take participation in social life to the next level; our BerlKönig service, a first-of-its-kind integrated transit operations showcase in Berlin; as well as our ambitious suburban service in Hannover.
What You'll Do:
- Oversee critical operations that underpin Via’s revolutionary turnkey transit solutions in Berlin, working closely with the strategy & operations, marketing, and technology development teams
- Develop partnerships to achieve Via’s growth objectives
- Design operational strategy and push execution; continuously work to scale processes and systems to deliver rapid growth
- Set ambitious goals, then tirelessly work to exceed them
- Be the face of Via; develop relationships with local partners, public officials, key players, and community leaders
- Be a leader and work with different team members: foster a collaborative, cohesive, and energetic presence
- Ensure operational excellence, customer satisfaction, and an unbelievable product every day
Who You Are:
- Independent self-starter: you thrive in fast-paced environments and feel comfortable with a very high level of responsibility
- No-nonsense thinker: you have sound business sense and make data-driven decisions
- A great executor: you are detail-oriented and get the job done
- An exceptional leader: people love working with you
- Savvy and tactful communicator: you intuitively find the right tone in every situation, whether with colleagues, clients or partners of all kinds
- 5+ years of work experience
- Hold a Master’s Degree with a record of exceptional academic and professional achievement
- Fully fluent in German and English
What Catches Our Eye:
- Prior P&L management and/or client management experience
- Hold a Masters in Business Administration (MBA)
- Previous experience in community engagement, working in a political context or with disability groups
We’re Via, and we build technology that changes the way the world moves. We've partnered with Europe's largest cities and most progressive transport leaders to launch next-generation public mobility systems in over 50 European cities — from advanced wheelchair accessible services in Berlin, to on-demand buses in London, to reimagined school transport services in rural France, and everything in between.
We pioneered the TransitTech category to ensure that the future of transportation is shared, dynamic public mobility — the kind that reduces carbon emissions across congested cities, minimizes reliance on private cars, and provides everyone with accessible, efficient, and affordable ways of getting around.
With the addition of Remix into our portfolio, we created the first end-to-end TransitTech solution for cities and transit agencies, offering world-class software, service design, and operational expertise to fundamentally improve the way the world moves.
We’re committed to building and nurturing a team as diverse as the communities we serve. Bringing transportation equity to the world begins with championing equal opportunity in our own offices. All backgrounds, identities, and voices are welcomed and celebrated here.
Ready to join the ride?
Via is an equal opportunities employer.