Via provides turn key transit operations powered by our advanced software - we call it Transportation-as-a-Service (TaaS). As Via's General Manager, Berlin, you will be responsible for the successful launch and scale up of our innovative paratransit service (“Sonderfahrdienst”), which aims to take participation in social life to the next level. You will also be responsible for Via’s other services in Berlin, like the BerlKönig, a first-of-its-kind integrated transit operations showcase in Berlin. The GM role requires a combination of intelligence, creativity, and leadership. This is an opportunity for a truly outstanding entrepreneur to shape the operation of our game-changing services. You’ll need to be an operations expert, a consummate marketer, and an exceptionally creative problem solver.
What You'll Do:
- Oversee all operational and financial aspects of managing Via’s revolutionary turn key transit solution in Berlin, working closely with Via’s strategy & operations, marketing, and technology development teams
- Own the P&L; set aggressive targets and chase results
- Translate business agreements into fully operational transit systems - similarly, identify operational opportunities and transform them into business value
- Drive positive change by transforming paratransit in Berlin, while being aware of the responsibility that comes with it
- Design operational strategy and push execution; continuously working to scale processes and systems to drive rapid growth
- Set ambitious growth goals, then tirelessly work to exceed them
- Be the face of Via; develop relationships with local partners, public officials, key players, and community leaders
- Be a leader and work with different team members: foster a collaborative, cohesive, and energetic presence
- Ensure operational excellence, customer satisfaction, and an unbelievable product every day
Who You Are:
- Independent self-starter: you thrive in fast-paced environments and feel comfortable with a very high level of responsibility
- No-nonsense thinker: you have sound business sense and make data-driven decisions
- Detail-oriented executor: you’re obsessively action-oriented
- An exceptional leader: people love working with you and for you
- Savvy and tactful communicator: you intuitively find the right tone in every situation
- Preternatural entrepreneur: you’re excited to manage a new operation from the ground up and shape the strategic direction of our business in the DACH region
- 7+ years of relevant work experience
- Hold a Master’s Degree with a record of exceptional academic and professional achievement
- Fluent in German and English
What Catches Our Eye:
- Prior P&L management and/or client management experience
- Hold a Masters in Business Administration (MBA)
- Previous experience in community engagement, working in a political context or with disability groups
We’re Via, and we build technology that changes the way the world moves. We've partnered with Europe's largest cities and most progressive transport leaders to launch next-generation public mobility systems in over 50 European cities — from advanced wheelchair accessible services in Berlin, to on-demand buses in London, to reimagined school transport services in rural France, and everything in between.
We pioneered the TransitTech category to ensure that the future of transportation is shared, dynamic public mobility — the kind that reduces carbon emissions across congested cities, minimizes reliance on private cars, and provides everyone with accessible, efficient, and affordable ways of getting around.
With the addition of Remix into our portfolio, we created the first end-to-end TransitTech solution for cities and transit agencies, offering world-class software, service design, and operational expertise to fundamentally improve the way the world moves.
We’re committed to building and nurturing a team as diverse as the communities we serve. Bringing transportation equity to the world begins with championing equal opportunity in our own offices. All backgrounds, identities, and voices are welcomed and celebrated here.
Ready to join the ride?
Via is an equal opportunities employer.