Via is changing the way the world moves, and as a Communications Associate, you will play a key role in bringing our voice and brand story to life among the people who make us tick — our riders. You will have the opportunity to collaborate with teammates across the marketing organization and the company at-large to build compelling campaigns that support our growth efforts. The work you do will have an immediate and positive impact on the stories we tell and the services we operate, illuminating the value we bring to communities worldwide and helping to solidify Via's place as the worldwide leader in TransitTech.
What You’ll Do:
- Write email and in-app communications for riders and drivers in the markets we are active in across the US and beyond. This primarily includes developing marketing copy ahead of new service launches and creating engagement campaigns to meet the growth needs of these services.
- Embody the Via voice and come up with creative new ways to deploy it.
- Learn the ropes of our various CMS tools (Salesforce Marketing Cloud, Leanplum) and become our in-house expert in building, scheduling, and sending comms campaigns.
- Help us think outside the box — are there communications channels we haven’t thought of? Are there ways we could be saying certain things in a more interesting way?
- Draft case studies highlighting some of our key projects worldwide.
Who You Are:
- Several years of writing experience (either longform or short form), preferably for other startups/tech companies.
- Able to quickly absorb the Via voice and run with it.
- Familiar with modern CMS and email marketing platforms.
- Comfortable working under tight or ever-evolving deadlines and capable of iterating quickly.
- Eager to receive edits and feedback.
- Easygoing and a natural team player.
- Flexible and adaptable to changing working conditions, whether remotely or on a hybrid in-person schedule at our NYC headquarters.
What Catches Our Eye:
- Unique writing experience.
- Email marketing skills a plus.
Portfolio required! Please provide your design portfolio. i.e. Website or examples of recent work you have completed which show off your writing chops.
We’re Via, and we build technology that changes the way the world moves. We pioneered the TransitTech category to ensure that the future of transportation is shared, dynamic public mobility — the kind that reduces carbon emissions across congested cities, minimizes reliance on private cars, and provides everyone with accessible, efficient, and affordable ways of getting around.
With the addition of Remix into our portfolio, we created the first end-to-end TransitTech solution for cities and transit agencies, offering world-class software, service design, and operational expertise to fundamentally improve the way the world moves.
We’re committed to building and nurturing a team as diverse as the communities we serve. Bringing transportation equity to the world begins with championing equal opportunity in our own offices. All backgrounds, identities, and voices are welcomed and celebrated here.
Ready to join the ride?
Via is an equal opportunity employer.