We are looking for an experienced BI Development Team Lead to join our R&D center in TLV.
In this position you’ll become part of Via’s Data team.
Our data professionals are curious, key team-members, who work closely with engineers and product managers and are passionate about tackling complex problems in a world of rich data and real-life user needs.
As a BI Development TL you will be responsible for leading a team of experienced analytics engineers, and you will work alongside other various teams in Via, which are responsible for our Riders, Drivers & Partners' Journeys.
What You'll Do:
- Become the technical focal point for all Business Intelligence related issues and provide support to enable data-driven decision making
- Lead, manage and mentor the analytics engineers’ team
- Identify the data needed for a business problem and implement logging required to ensure availability of data, while working with data infrastructure to triage issues and resolve.
- Collaborate with engineers, product managers and data scientists to understand data needs, representing key data insights visually in a meaningful way
- Design, build and launch new data models in production, leveraging common development toolkits.
- Independently design, build and launch new data extraction, transformation and loading processes in production, mentoring others around creating efficient queries
- Take full data ownership of existing and new features: define data points, extract data from multiple sources, conduct ad-hoc / periodic analytics
- Initiate, own and manage multiple data projects simultaneously
Who You Are:
- 3+ years leadership experience as Data / BI team lead
- 5+ years of experience as a BI backend developer in a data-driven team
- Experience with DWH design, ETL processes and data pipelines development
- Hands-on experience in writing complex SQL queries, working with deep and wide data-lakes
- Experience working with SQL and NoSQL databases
- Capable of owning the process of developing KPIs (end to end) to support product decisions
- Exceptional ability to understand complex data and turn it into actionable insights
- Strong communication skills (Fluent English required)
- Fast learner, self starter and proven ability to multitask on several projects at a time.
- Experience working on user-facing mobile/web products
- Experience in data modeling
- Experience with data visualization tools (Tableau / Looker / Power BI / other)
- Programming skills (preferably in Python)
- B.Sc./B.A. in a quantitative field such as mathematics, statistics or engineering.
We’re Via, and we build technology that changes the way the world moves. We pioneered the TransitTech category to ensure that the future of transportation is shared, dynamic public mobility — the kind that reduces carbon emissions across congested cities, minimizes reliance on private cars, and provides everyone with accessible, efficient, and affordable ways of getting around.
With the addition of Remix into our portfolio, we created the first end-to-end TransitTech solution for cities and transit agencies, offering world-class software, service design, and operational expertise to fundamentally improve the way the world moves.
We’re committed to building and nurturing a team as diverse as the communities we serve. Bringing transportation equity to the world begins with championing equal opportunity in our own offices. All backgrounds, identities, and voices are welcomed and celebrated here.
Ready to join the ride?