As Strategy Associate, you will establish on-demand transit as a new, smart mode of public transport. By leading the development of complex commercial proposals for cities and transit providers around the world, you will leverage your deep understanding of potential partners’ transportation challenges and goals, and apply your knowledge of Via’s unique technical and operational strengths, to scope and design thoughtful and effective shared mobility services. This is an excellent opportunity for a talented individual to gain broad exposure to Via's business and product while playing an important role in developing new future mobility solutions.
What You'll Do:
- Lead competitive tender and other procurement processes from beginning to end -- through strategic evaluation, content creation, review, and submission.
- Apply your strategic thinking skills and work closely with Via’s Finance and Expansion Teams to create context-specific service plans and customized pricing and budgeting proposals.
- Conduct rigorous research on global and local mobility trends and markets by analyzing news and other forms of information, conducting interviews, and synthesizing findings into insightful strategies.
- Generate compelling original content by closely ascertaining a partner's needs and deploying your familiarity with Via’s technology and operational capabilities, transit norms, and the latest innovations from across the industry.
- Oversee document flow to ensure responsiveness, adherence to quality standards, and legal compliance.
- Skillfully manage communications with procurement officials over the phone and email.
- Prepare and support off-site proposal interviews and other external meetings.
Who You Are:
- An exceptional writer with an instinctive appreciation for tone and structure; your colleagues have told you that they enjoy reading your work (and maybe you’ve even won awards).
- Socially-minded, action-oriented, and passionate about urbanism; you understand the importance of public transit and are motivated to improve access to mobility.
- Meticulous and strategic; you can pay attention to every detail in a complex proposal while, at the same time, relate each of them to the big picture in a coherent way.
- A record of academic achievement, preferably in the humanities, social sciences, or another field that required regular long-form writing (undergraduate degree required).
- Fully fluent reading, writing, and speaking capabilities in German and English a must (German native or bilingual level)
What Catches Our Eye:
- Master's or other advanced degree
- Fluency in one or more additional European language(s)
We’re Via, and we build technology that changes the way the world moves. We've partnered with Europe's largest cities and most progressive transport leaders to launch next-generation public mobility systems in over 50 European cities — from advanced wheelchair accessible services in Berlin, to on-demand buses in London, to reimagined school transport services in rural France, and everything in between.
We pioneered the TransitTech category to ensure that the future of transportation is shared, dynamic public mobility — the kind that reduces carbon emissions across congested cities, minimizes reliance on private cars, and provides everyone with accessible, efficient, and affordable ways of getting around.
With the addition of Remix into our portfolio, we created the first end-to-end TransitTech solution for cities and transit agencies, offering world-class software, service design, and operational expertise to fundamentally improve the way the world moves.
We’re committed to building and nurturing a team as diverse as the communities we serve. Bringing transportation equity to the world begins with championing equal opportunity in our own offices. All backgrounds, identities, and voices are welcomed and celebrated here.
Ready to join the ride?
Via is an equal opportunity employer.