We are looking for an experienced Senior Data Engineer to join our R&D center in TLV.
In this position you will become part of Via’s Data team.
As a Senior Data Engineer you will be responsible for helping enable mass-scale, highly complex and data intensive operational service.
What You’ll Do:
- Design, implement and support robust, scalable solutions to enhance data capabilities
- Mentor and be the technical focal point for Data Engineers
- Own the development cycle e2e – architecture, design, development, QA, deployment and monitoring.
- Build highly scalable, efficient and available data pipelines/solutions, serving our data across the organization and to stakeholders.
- Define standards and development methodologies for the team
- Collaborate with a broad forum of experts and stakeholders, including architects and engineers, to create high quality deliverables
- Increase our analytics capabilities including first, second and third-party data sources
- Monitor data quality, proactively correcting discrepancies ensuring data reliability & accuracy
Who You are:
- 3+ years of experience as a Senior Data Engineer
- Experience in executing Big Data solutions and in processing unstructured and structured data into column store DBs
- Experience with Data streaming, Kafka, Airflow, knowledge in the Amazon ecosystem
- Have a solid background working with data warehousing technologies, such as Redshift, Google BigQuery, Snowflake, etc.
- Experience with SQL and have advanced programming skills (preferably in Python)
- Have an ability to work in a complex technological environment
- An independent, self-learner who is passionate about data, understands business processes and can translate business needs into data models.
- Great leadership and interpersonal communication skills, passionate for building and motivating teams to reach their potential
- BSc/MSc in Computer Science or equivalent
We’re Via, and we build technology that changes the way the world moves. We pioneered the TransitTech category to ensure that the future of transportation is shared, dynamic public mobility — the kind that reduces carbon emissions across congested cities, minimizes reliance on private cars, and provides everyone with accessible, efficient, and affordable ways of getting around.
With the addition of Remix into our portfolio, we created the first end-to-end TransitTech solution for cities and transit agencies, offering world-class software, service design, and operational expertise to fundamentally improve the way the world moves.
We’re committed to building and nurturing a team as diverse as the communities we serve. Bringing transportation equity to the world begins with championing equal opportunity in our own offices. All backgrounds, identities, and voices are welcomed and celebrated here.
Ready to join the ride?