Via is changing the way the world moves, and as a Senior Web Designer, you will play a key role in bringing our campaigns to life across the web. As a member of Via’s in-house creative studio reporting to the Principal Digital Designer, you will have the opportunity to collaborate with teammates across the marketing organization and the company at-large to build compelling experiences for Via’s riders, drivers, and partners around the world. The work you do will have an immediate and positive impact on the stories we tell, illuminating the value we bring to cities and transit agencies to help solidify Via's place as the worldwide leader in TransitTech.
We believe that sophisticated yet approachable design should be infused into everything we do — whether it’s our product, our partner-facing campaigns, or our internal tools, it all should be reflective of our larger company mission to build more equitable, accessible, and sustainable cities.
What You’ll Do:
- It starts with strategy: Partner with cross-functional teams on the what, the how, and the why of what we’re doing on the web.
- End-to-end design: Conceptualize, design, and produce high-profile projects including landing pages for new business initiatives, emails, social media assets, and any other attention-grabbing digital experience.
- UI/UX master: Ability to clearly communicate ideas through various levels of the design process: personas, content strategy, information architecture, wireframes, prototypes, all the way through final production.
- Never settle: Optimize and push forward existing items to improve brand awareness, conversion and product adoption. Continually strive to elevate designs across all digital platforms while strengthening, expanding, and evolving our visual toolkit.
- Think beyond the brief: Imagine what’s possible outside the scope of the assignment by presenting bold and compelling ideas — and encouraging others to do the same.
- Hyper collaboration: Work closely with the creative team (graphic designers and copywriters) on a daily basis; frequently partner with the larger marketing organization on growth initiatives, demand gen projects, and product marketing campaigns.
- Be a subject matter expert: You stay up to speed on the latest design trends, current technologies, processes, and visual styles.
- A natural leader: Be a mentor and inspire junior team members, while helping everyone on the creative team understand and adopt best UI/UX practices.
Who You Are:
- You’ve got at least 5 years experience in an agency or with an in-house creative team.
- You have a design portfolio that displays conceptual thinking and a strong understanding of color, layout, typography, especially how these are optimized for an accessible web experience.
- You’re fluent in the Adobe Creative Suite, Sketch, Figma, and emerging design tools.
- While not an expert developer, you’ve got a working knowledge of HTML and CSS.
- You’re familiar with and comfortable working in modern CMS and email marketing platforms
- You care about the usability just as much as the visual design; you don’t sacrifice form for function.
- You’re an easy going person and a natural team player that thrives in a fast-paced environment, able to iterate quickly and adapt to a rapidly growing brand
- You’re flexible and adaptable to changing working conditions, whether remotely or on a hybrid in-person schedule at our NYC headquarters.
What Catches Our Eye:
- Data visualization skills
- Animation skills a plus (Proficient in After Effects)
- Passion for transportation
- Portfolio required! Please provide your design portfolio. i.e. Website or examples of recent work you have completed which are relevant to email marketing, social media, advertising, digital design, UX and/or web design
We’re Via, and we build technology that changes the way the world moves. We pioneered the TransitTech category to ensure that the future of transportation is shared, dynamic public mobility — the kind that reduces carbon emissions across congested cities, minimizes reliance on private cars, and provides everyone with accessible, efficient, and affordable ways of getting around.
With the addition of Remix into our portfolio, we created the first end-to-end TransitTech solution for cities and transit agencies, offering world-class software, service design, and operational expertise to fundamentally improve the way the world moves.
We’re committed to building and nurturing a team as diverse as the communities we serve. Bringing transportation equity to the world begins with championing equal opportunity in our own offices. All backgrounds, identities, and voices are welcomed and celebrated here.
Ready to join the ride?
Via is an equal opportunity employer.