As the founding Director of Via's global Sales Engineering team, you’ll play a pivotal role in building and leading the group of technical experts who work alongside our Sales team to turn big ideas into groundbreaking realities. In this unique, strategic, and highly impactful role, you'll create the framework for our Sales Engineering strategy and execution, partnering with our Revenue, R&D, and Launch teams to define best-in-class methodologies for complex pre-sale scoping and post-sale implementation. Reporting to the Chief Revenue Officer, you'll leverage your deep technical expertise and commercial skill to play a key role in accelerating Via's growth in key markets worldwide.
What You’ll Do
- Hire, mentor, and manage a globally distributed team of Sales Engineers. In partnership with our Sales team, our Sales Engineers will bring deep technical expertise to our client interactions, and help drive product strategy for new deployments.
- Create best-in-class Sales Enablement practices from the ground up, with a focus on scalability. As a founding member of our team, you’ll play a key role in shaping the Sales Engineering infrastructure that will power our hypergrowth trajectory.
- Manage the impact of new features or technical integrations in the context of Via's broader product roadmap
- Function as the technical/product leader in RFP responses, collaborating with the RFP content team to successfully represent the Via solution to our clients
- Build and maintain a Knowledge Base for our Sales and Launch teams, setting the standard for excellence and creating shared best practices
- Oversee the technical project management of service launches with significant product, technical, and/or infrastructural complexity
- Collaborate closely with Via's Launch and Partner Success teams to support the development of new products, acting as a subject matter expert and bridging the gap between operational and technical stakeholders
Who You Are
- A technical expert, passionate mentor, and experienced leader; you have 7+ years of proven experience as a Product Manager, Sales Engineer, and/or Engineering Lead, with 3+ years of people-management experience.
- Commercially savvy, you have previous client-facing experience in a pre-sales, implementation consulting, or technical advisory role (or have managed teams within these verticals.)
- A savvy and tactful communicator; you’re experienced in leading relationships, working across teams, and helping clients build their understanding of complex products. You’re a natural educator, and can translate the toughest technical concepts to your peers and clients with ease.
- Intellectually curious, and excited by continuous iteration: you approach complex problems with an open mind, seek input and feedback from your peers, and continually strive for improvement. You're not afraid of change, and you pivot quickly to adapt to changing needs.
- A realistic optimist; you know how to balance client needs with real-life requirements, and you enjoy solving complex problems. You're experienced at mentoring more junior Sales Engineers, and you enjoy the process of helping others achieve their fullest potential.
- A creative and solutions-oriented thinker; you see challenges as opportunities, and enjoy building from the ground up.
- Low-ego and collaborative; you enjoy working across teams or business units, and thrive in a team environment.
What Catches Our Eye
- Experience building a team in a hypergrowth environment
- MBA or Master’s Degree in a technical field
- Previous experience leading RFP/RFI processes
We’re Via, and we build technology that changes the way the world moves. We pioneered the TransitTech category to ensure that the future of transportation is shared, dynamic public mobility — the kind that reduces carbon emissions across congested cities, minimizes reliance on private cars, and provides everyone with accessible, efficient, and affordable ways of getting around.
With the addition of Remix into our portfolio, we created the first end-to-end TransitTech solution for cities and transit agencies, offering world-class software, service design, and operational expertise to fundamentally improve the way the world moves.
We’re committed to building and nurturing a team as diverse as the communities we serve. Bringing transportation equity to the world begins with championing equal opportunity in our own offices. All backgrounds, identities, and voices are welcomed and celebrated here.
Ready to join the ride?