We are looking for a Senior Full Stack Engineer to join our R&D center in TLV. The position is to be part of a Development team responsible for Via’s production quality, cutting-edge E2E software and scalable, robust infrastructure to deliver Via's ride sharing service in NYC and globally. You will also build the cloud based tools that help city planners understand their communities and design transportation systems that serve them.
What You'll Do:
- Working closely with our designers, product managers, and customers to understand user needs, and then build and iterate on technical solutions that address them
- Delivering scalable features across the stack, using different technologies for different projects
- Build and maintain our processes and tools, to keep our productivity and code quality high
- Defining and implementing effective cloud infrastructure scaling solutions based on best-in-class standard tools. Designing and implementing POCs and production ready sub-systems to handle customer service, advanced analytics, operational shift management and more
Our Technologies: Typescript (with React, Redux, and Mapbox), Rails, Python, and Postgres/PostGIS. However, it's more important to us that you have experience with full-stack, user-centric development in general than with our specific technologies.
Who You Are:
- A BSc in computer science/engineering (or equivalent)
- 4+ years experience in SAAS companies
- Professional experience with backend technologies
- Professional experience with client-side frameworks
- Have a solid background in an object oriented programming language
Nice-to-have but not necessary:
- Familiar with cloud-based deployment (AWS or other platforms)
- You have experience with one of the following: Ruby On Rails / Python / Java
- You have experience with one of the following: React, Vue, Angular
We’re Via, and we build technology that changes the way the world moves. We pioneered the TransitTech category to ensure that the future of transportation is shared, dynamic public mobility — the kind that reduces carbon emissions across congested cities, minimizes reliance on private cars, and provides everyone with accessible, efficient, and affordable ways of getting around.
With the addition of Remix into our portfolio, we created the first end-to-end TransitTech solution for cities and transit agencies, offering world-class software, service design, and operational expertise to fundamentally improve the way the world moves.
We’re committed to building and nurturing a team as diverse as the communities we serve. Bringing transportation equity to the world begins with championing equal opportunity in our own offices. All backgrounds, identities, and voices are welcomed and celebrated here.
Ready to join the ride?