As Partnerships Associate Principal or Principal, you’ll be at the cutting edge of how we’re building our business in the UK. Your role will be to take full ownership of an area and develop a pipeline of opportunities for Via to deploy our technology into. Key stakeholders will be the buyers and operators of transportation - local authorities, private operators, private corporations - anyone who you feel could benefit from Via’s technology as a way of creating more compelling, efficient, and sustainable transportation. You will secure engagement with each key stakeholder and successfully make the case for how Via’s broad technology stack could work in their particular context and meet their specific challenges. You will be responsible for the full business development cycle from opportunity identification to contracting. Through this process you’ll become an expert on the Via platform and will partner cross-functionally with teams across the business to drive product and operational improvements.
What You'll Do
- Build and manage a robust pipeline of business development opportunities in your region with a focus on public and private sector transport buyers and operators
- Become an expert on the Via platform; display a deep understanding of its functionality, features, and impact for clients
- Develop insights regarding customer use-cases; position and present Via as an ideal solution for client needs
- Strategically navigate the buying and renewal processes; communicate tactfully and persuasively with stakeholders and budget decision makers
- Partner closely with cross-functional teams including Finance, Expansion, Growth, and Product to drive operational and product improvements
- Be the face of Via in your region, speaking at conferences, establishing key relationships with the press and advising on local marketing plans
- Actively research the competitive landscape -- identifying market, product, and pricing trends -- and succinctly share findings with key stakeholders to ensure that we’re always one step ahead
Who You Are
We’re not necessarily looking for someone with extensive experience in transport/mobility, but you do need to be passionate about the sector. Specifically:
- You have a proven track record either in sales or consulting. If sales, we are looking for people that can match our solutions to a problem and build long-term relationships that will get an opportunity over the line often long after it was first identified. Nothing we do is “off the shelf” sales. If consulting, we are looking for people that are very comfortable getting out there and really creating the business rather than expecting it to come to you
- You possess strong expertise in prospecting, cross-selling, and developing relationships with senior level officials and executives - preferably within the public sector
- An excellent written and verbal communicator; whether in customer conversations, product presentations, or written proposals, you always strike the right tone and communicate clearly and persuasively
- Superb commercial intuition and exceptional judgement; you know when to push and when to yield in maximising the value of a potential deal
- Detail-oriented and thorough; able to effectively juggle multiple tasks/projects at once in a highly fluid work environment
- Organised and independent; you’re both an individual contributor and a team player
What Catches Our Eye
- MBA or other advanced degree
We’re Via, and we build technology that changes the way the world moves. We've partnered with Europe's largest cities and most progressive transport leaders to launch next-generation public mobility systems in over 50 European cities — from advanced wheelchair accessible services in Berlin, to on-demand buses in London, to reimagined school transport services in rural France, and everything in between.
We pioneered the TransitTech category to ensure that the future of transportation is shared, dynamic public mobility — the kind that reduces carbon emissions across congested cities, minimises reliance on private cars, and provides everyone with accessible, efficient, and affordable ways of getting around.
With the addition of Remix into our portfolio, we created the first end-to-end TransitTech solution for cities and transport authorities, offering world-class software, service design, and operational expertise to fundamentally improve the way the world moves.
We’re committed to building and nurturing a team as diverse as the communities we serve. Bringing transportation equity to the world begins with championing equal opportunity in our own offices. All backgrounds, identities, and voices are welcomed and celebrated here.
Ready to join the ride?
Via is an equal opportunity employer.