About this role:
As a Legal Operations Intern, you will join our growing global legal team in a non-attorney role, working closely with a small team of highly dedicated and dynamic legal professionals and lawyers. You will be fully integrated into the global legal team and you will gain experience in managing complex global tech procurement processes, reviewing legal documents, and supporting legal counseling on various technology-related questions. This is an opportunity to work in a leading, cutting edge, high-tech company, alongside extraordinary leading professionals, and to be a part of a fascinating and evolving tech field. Your work as a Legal Operations Intern will gain you experience and insight into the legal and tech fields and will help you make the most of your time at law school and your upcoming internship.
What you will do:
- Support complex global procurement processes
- Review and draft legal documents under supervision of an attorney
- Manage, organize and maintain files in the company’s shared cloud storage system
- Assist the legal team in advising on various product-related issues, including using open source software, privacy, and more.
- Create legal summaries and work documents.
- Provide administrative support and assist with special projects, as assigned.
Who You Are:
- A bachelor of law candidate in a leading academic institute, with at least 18 months before your Bar internship starts and passionate about law
- Meticulous and vigilant, with keen attention to detail.
- Motivated and curious.
- Fluent in English
- Enthusiastic about technology, innovation, and on-demand transportation.
- Willing to wear multiple hats and work on projects of all types, big and small.
- Energetic and enjoys working autonomously.
- Willing to work flexible hours as required to engage with your team on different time zones.
- Excellent analytical and critical thinking skills.
- Excited by start-up culture, workspace, and development.
- A positive can-do attitude, good judgment, and the ability to effectively manage competing priorities.
- Strong organizational and communication skills and an eagerness to help others.
- At least 1 year professional work (or relevant work-study) experience. An analytical mindset is necessary, although prior legal experience is not.
- An ability to demonstrate an extra focus on your studies or otherwise on intellectual property law, high-tech law, environmental policy or privacy law will definitely catch our eyes, but it's not a must.
We’re Via, and we build technology that changes the way the world moves. We pioneered the TransitTech category to ensure that the future of transportation is shared, dynamic public mobility — the kind that reduces carbon emissions across congested cities, minimizes reliance on private cars, and provides everyone with accessible, efficient, and affordable ways of getting around.
With the addition of Remix into our portfolio, we created the first end-to-end TransitTech solution for cities and transit agencies, offering world-class software, service design, and operational expertise to fundamentally improve the way the world moves.
We’re committed to building and nurturing a team as diverse as the communities we serve. Bringing transportation equity to the world begins with championing equal opportunity in our own offices. All backgrounds, identities, and voices are welcomed and celebrated here.
Ready to join the ride?