As Business Development Representative, you will support the growth of our Platform business by helping generate opportunities for our sales team. Through inbound and outbound activities, you will prospect and meet with potential partners in North America - articulating the value of Via’s on-demand transit solution and planting the seeds of a potential long-term relationship.
What You'll Do:
- Sit within the demand generation marketing team, but work most closely with new business sales.
- Generate new business leads and relationships via outbound cold calling, emails, pre-existing contacts & research as well as qualifying inbound leads
- Help develop and then leverage marketing campaigns
- Become an expert on Via’s on-demand transit solution and clearly convey its value proposition & capabilities to external parties, including - but not limited to - transit agencies, cities, state DOT’s, metropolitan planning organizations, corporations, school districts, universities and more
- Partner with the sales team to secure and manage meetings with potential clients
- Manage your pipeline using CRM tools and martech stack
- Hit and exceed quarterly opportunity creation goals, consistently staying on top of associated KPIs (ie meetings completed)
Who You Are:
- 0-3 years’ sales/business development experience
- Excellent written and verbal communication
- Detail-oriented and thorough; able to effectively juggle multiple tasks/projects at once in a highly fluid work environment
- An appetite for learning with the ability to receive and implement feedback
- Organized and independent; you’re both an individual contributor and a team player
- Passionate and relentless about growth; you’re not deterred by setbacks and enjoy the process of building relationships over time
- Bachelor's Degree and track record of academic achievement
What Catches Our Eye:
- Hands-on experience with market-mapping and client outreach
- You've worked at a fast-growing startup in the technology, software, or mobility space
We’re Via, and we build technology that changes the way the world moves. We pioneered the TransitTech category to ensure that the future of transportation is shared, dynamic public mobility — the kind that reduces carbon emissions across congested cities, minimizes reliance on private cars, and provides everyone with accessible, efficient, and affordable ways of getting around.
With the addition of Remix into our portfolio, we created the first end-to-end TransitTech solution for cities and transit agencies, offering world-class software, service design, and operational expertise to fundamentally improve the way the world moves.
We’re committed to building and nurturing a team as diverse as the communities we serve. Bringing transportation equity to the world begins with championing equal opportunity in our own offices. All backgrounds, identities, and voices are welcomed and celebrated here.
Ready to join the ride?