Via provides the world's most innovative technology to help school districts and education stakeholders optimize their school bus routing and operations through our Via for Schools technology platform. As Technical Project Manager of our Via for Schools partnerships, including our project with the New York City Department of Education (NYCDOE), you will be responsible for managing the ongoing technical success of the largest school bus technology deal in North America.
You will be responsible for planning and managing R&D, including ensuring that projects are delivered on time and meet product definitions, quality, and technical requirements. You will be the main point of contact for our partners’ technical teams, and work closely with various Via internal teams, including Product, Engineering, QA, and Data Science to coordinate deliverables.
You won’t be working from a playbook – you’ll be writing it. The Technical Project Manager of Via for Schools role requires a combination of intelligence, creativity, and leadership that few possess. This is an opportunity for a truly outstanding technical project manager and entrepreneur to help build Via’s newest business line and to shape the future of student transportation around the world. You’ll need to be a skillful relationship builder, a technical infrastructure and product expert, and an exceptionally creative problem solver. We hope you’re up for it!
What You’ll Do:
- Oversee technical project management, working between our partners’ technical and IT teams and Via’s internal cross-functional R&D team to manage all technical aspects of individual projects as well as the Via for Schools business line.
- Define key integrations between the Via system and our partners’ existing data and technical infrastructure, including input data, identity management, output data and downstream systems integrations.
- Manage our QA/testing and release schedule, and provide high-quality, comprehensive test result documentation to our partners.
- Lead technical security and approvals processes and coordinate the creation of technical documentation to meet project requirements.
- Build a deep and trusting long-term partner relationship with Via for School partners: identify partner pain points, and leverage deep product knowledge to distill requests and ideas into actionable next steps and technology features.
- Collaborate with Via’s business development team to scope and design new school bus projects and develop the business line based on domain expertise. Leverage your understanding of Via’s capabilities to inform the ongoing development of our Via for Schools product and technical strategy.
Who You Are:
- Independent self-starter: you thrive in fast-paced environments and feel comfortable with a very high level of responsibility. You can troubleshoot issues in real-time and oversee multiple tasks simultaneously.
- A savvy and tactful communicator with a demonstrated record of building and fostering durable business relationships; you intuitively find the right tone and feel comfortable working with people from a wide range of backgrounds. You remain calm and collected when facing crisis or criticism, and celebrate partners’ successes with them.
- A strong executor: you know how to prioritize and you get the job done while keeping the big picture firmly in mind
- A rounded technical expert: you understand various cloud technologies (AWS, Docker, Serverless, etc.) can work with Python/JS developers and are enthusiastic about system architecture, network protocols, security, design, testing, and performance.
- 5+ years of work experience in a technical role (software development, engineering, IT, technical project management) at a SaaS or technology company
- Earned a Bachelor’s Degree in a technical/STEM field, with a record of exceptional academic achievement
What Catches Our Eye:
- Bachelor’s Degree in a STEM field
- Demonstrated success in technical project or program management, especially at a growing startup
- Experience in or passion for education
We’re Via, and we build technology that changes the way the world moves. We pioneered the TransitTech category to ensure that the future of transportation is shared, dynamic public mobility — the kind that reduces carbon emissions across congested cities, minimizes reliance on private cars, and provides everyone with accessible, efficient, and affordable ways of getting around.
Via was founded with the guiding principle that we go further when we go together. We’re committed to building and nurturing a team as diverse as the communities we serve. Bringing transportation equity to the world begins with championing equal opportunity in our own offices. All backgrounds, identities, and voices are welcomed and celebrated here.
We’re proud to be leading a worldwide transportation revolution and modernizing mobility for all. Through intelligently-designed systems and sophisticated algorithms, we craft localized solutions for each one of our global partners. Ready to join the ride?
Via is an equal opportunity employer.