As Operations Manager, you are responsible for running Via’s innovative mobility operations at BASF, the largest integrated chemical complex in the world. This service was designed to complement BASF’s existing fixed-route bus service with a flexible system that matches multiple passengers headed in the same direction into a shared, dynamically-routed shuttle, creating more efficient and convenient travel around the site.
What You’ll Do:
- Manage operations on the ground and work with our experienced senior leadership team to take strategic decisions enabling operational success
- Play a key role in bringing new improvements and transformations to life so that our BASF service remains at the forefront of mobility innovation
- Serve as the main contact for our partner in day-to-day operations and guarantee the highest customer satisfaction
- Recruit, train, and manage a team of excellent drivers for the service
- Work closely with our central support operations team to ensure adequate live-support for the service as well as high-quality customer support
- Coordinate vehicle related processes like vehicle ramp-up, maintenance, and cleaning, and manage relationships with subcontractors accordingly
- Work tirelessly to standardise and improve operational processes and systems
Who You Are:
- Entrepreneurial attitude - you like to work independently and assume significant responsibility
- Desire to work in an exciting market at the interface of mobility and technology, together with a dynamic, international team and with multiple external stakeholders
- Ability to stay calm in stressful situations and develop creative solutions in real-time
- A technology apprentice - you like to work data-driven
- Outgoing and communicative - able to always find the right tone in different contexts, no matter if you are speaking to the management level at our partners, to drivers, or to technical staff
- Relevant work experience, as well as a University or Fachhochschule degree
- Fluent German speaker with strong proficiency in English
What Catches Our Eye
- Previous experience in the mobility sector
- Qualification as “Mietwagenunternehmer” or “Omnibusunternehmer”
This position can be part-time (~20 hours/week) or full-time.
We’re Via, and we build technology that changes the way the world moves. We pioneered the TransitTech category to ensure that the future of transportation is shared, dynamic public mobility — the kind that reduces carbon emissions across congested cities, minimizes reliance on private cars, and provides everyone with accessible, efficient, and affordable ways of getting around.
With the addition of Remix into our portfolio, we created the first end-to-end TransitTech solution for cities and transit agencies, offering world-class software, service design, and operational expertise to fundamentally improve the way the world moves.
We’re committed to building and nurturing a team as diverse as the communities we serve. Bringing transportation equity to the world begins with championing equal opportunity in our own offices. All backgrounds, identities, and voices are welcomed and celebrated here.
Ready to join the ride?
Via is an equal opportunity employer.