As Operations Manager, you are responsible for helping deploy Via's innovative ride-sharing technology in Hannover as we expand our European partnerships business. Together with us, you are building an exciting project right from the start and experiencing the dynamics of the rapidly changing mobility industry up close.
What You’ll Do:
- Play a key role in launching the operations on the ground and work with our experienced senior leadership team to take decisions on how to setup the service
- Ensure the smooth daily operation of our on-demand shuttle service and ensure the continuous optimisation of the processes and rider experience
- As local “Betriebsleiter” you are the main contact for our partner in day-to-day operations and guarantee the highest customer satisfaction
- Recruit, train, and manage a team of excellent drivers for our service
- Work closely with our central support operations team to ensure adequate live-support for the service as well as high-quality customer support
- Coordinate vehicle related processes like vehicle ramp-up, maintenance and cleaning and steer subcontractors accordingly
- Work tirelessly to standardise and improve operational processes and systems
Who You Are:
- Entrepreneurial attitude - you like to work independently and assume a lot of responsibility
- True team player - you enjoy working in an energetic team environment
- Desire to work in an exciting market at the interface of mobility and technology, together with a dynamic, international team
- Ability to stay calm in stressful situations and develop creative solutions in real time
- A technology apprentice - you like to work data-driven
- Outgoing and communicative - able to always find the right tone in different contexts, no matter if you are speaking to the management level at our partners, drivers or tech team members
- Relevant work experience, as well as a University or Fachhochschule degree
- Fluent German speaker with strong proficiency in English
What Catches Our Eye
- Qualification as “Mietwagenunternehmer” or “Omnibusunternehmer”
- Experience as “Betriebsleiter” in the (public) transportation industry
- Prior experience working in a fast-paced start-up environment
This position can be part-time (~20 hours/week) or full-time.
We’re Via, and we build technology that changes the way the world moves. We pioneered the TransitTech category to ensure that the future of transportation is shared, dynamic public mobility — the kind that reduces carbon emissions across congested cities, minimizes reliance on private cars, and provides everyone with accessible, efficient, and affordable ways of getting around.
Via was founded with the guiding principle that we go further when we go together. We’re committed to building and nurturing a team as diverse as the communities we serve. Bringing transportation equity to the world begins with championing equal opportunity in our own offices. All backgrounds, identities, and voices are welcomed and celebrated here.
We’re proud to be leading a worldwide transportation revolution and modernizing mobility for all. Through intelligently-designed systems and sophisticated algorithms, we craft localized solutions for each one of our global partners. Ready to join the ride?