As the Director of Congressional and Federal Affairs, your goal will be to help shape the future of federal transportation policy and funding. Reporting to our Global Head of Public Policy, you’ll lead an impactful and comprehensive congressional government relations strategy as Via continues our expansion across the US. You must have a passion for policy, established relationships, and senior-level experience working on Capitol Hill.
What You’ll Do
- Lead Congressional engagement, including educating policymakers, key committees, and staff members about Via's partnerships with cities and transit agencies to provide innovative public transportation solutions.
- Advocate for federal transportation policy and funding that supports the innovative work transit agencies and cities are doing across the country to advance equity and reduce emissions
- Closely monitor legislative and other developments on Capitol Hill.
- Draft official written materials, including op-eds, blog posts, policy proposals, comments on regulations, formal correspondence, etc.
- Manage engagements with lobbying firms and consultants.
- Work effectively within formal and informal industry coalitions, and otherwise develop industry contacts, to advance areas of common interest.
- Represent Via at conferences and on expert panels.
Who You Are
- You have 10-15 years' relevant public policy and government affairs experience, including at least several years working on Capitol Hill public policy experience within government and/or relevant nonprofit, public interest group, company, or industry association
- Hold a JD or Bachelor’s degree in Political Science, International Affairs, Government, Public Affairs, related field, or equivalent practical experience
- Believe in Via’s mission of and providing everyone with efficient, sustainable, and affordable ways of accessing opportunities
- Deeply understand government relations, including effective lobbying strategies, stakeholder organizing, and the mechanics of policymaking
- You bring a deep knowledge of federal legislative dynamics,decisionmakers,and an expansive political network
- Skilled and experienced at persuasively and diplomatically advocating complex policy positions before a wide variety of audiences
- An excellent written and verbal communicator; a passionate writer with a strong and diverse portfolio, with demonstrated writing abilities
- Execution-oriented; a self-starter who takes action and achieves tangible results
- A team player and cross-functional collaborator; you know how toget things done and carry projects forward
What Catches our Eye
- A love of transportation policy
- Experience in both the Senate and House
- An advanced degree in Public Policy or Law
We’re Via, and we build technology that changes the way the world moves. We pioneered the TransitTech category to ensure that the future of transportation is shared, dynamic public mobility — the kind that reduces carbon emissions across congested cities, minimizes reliance on private cars, and provides everyone with accessible, efficient, and affordable ways of getting around.
With the addition of Remix into our portfolio, we created the first end-to-end TransitTech solution for cities and transit agencies, offering world-class software, service design, and operational expertise to fundamentally improve the way the world moves.
We’re committed to building and nurturing a team as diverse as the communities we serve. Bringing transportation equity to the world begins with championing equal opportunity in our own offices. All backgrounds, identities, and voices are welcomed and celebrated here.
Ready to join the ride?
Via is an equal opportunity employer.